On the go lunches

(Togipeidia) #1

I’m trying to come up with fast things I can’t eat at work. Some days I have the time to sit and eat my lunch other times I end up fasting cause I just don’t have time to eat. I’m trying to lose weight but am worried cause my meals and times I eat are all over the place. In my first month I lost 20lbs but was hungry frequently because of work.
Can I get away with having some almonds cheese meat and olives and calling it lunch.

(eat more) #2

i have salami and cheese for lunch all the time.
also deviled eggs/egg salad…sometimes i have avocado and a few slices of bacon…or just avocado or just bacon LOL
i rarely have what is considered a “traditional meal” at work

if it keeps you sated you can call it anything you want :slight_smile:

(Griffin Mekelburg) #3

@mikki stole my reply almost identically lmao!
Some salami rolled up with cream cheese and cheddar is one of my go to meals. Bacon is always wonderful and so are almonds as an easy thing to bring in. The biggest thing for the hunger is make sure you are still bringing enough fat to get your body satiated. If I have just a slice of salami and cheese I will be quite hungry soon, but eat a couple roll-ups over 30-40 minutes and I am feeling great!

(eat more) #4

the other day i smeared cream cheese on cucumber slices and topped with bacon…sooo good…probably even better topped with a pecan (yeah just thought of it LOL)…
i might have to try it without the cucumber and wrap the cream cheese, bacon, and pecan in salami… :blush:

(Griffin Mekelburg) #5

thank god i am warming up some bacon cheeseburger casserole from last night because that comment just made me sooooo hungry lmao, i must try your new roll idea soon!

(eat more) #6

i made myself hungry too…good thing today is only IF and not extended LOL

(Ren) #7

I pack a light meal for when I get a hungry at work. My snacks are either Keto chia seed pudding, nuts (almonds, walnuts, or pecans) or a couple ounces of cheese w/ salami or proscuitto. This normally holds me over till I get home for dinner. If my body tells me I’m still hungry after that, I’ll run out and grab a keto meal.

If we make a meal that I absolutely love and we have leftovers, I’ll bring that for lunch also.

(Togipeidia) #8

I tried making salmon cakes but ended up sick from them unsure if it was the mayor I made or the salmon

(Meeping up the Science!) #9

I make a frittata and eat it cold. Nice thing is you can make it zero carb friendly, or carb-keto friendly, depending on your mood.

I often just also have some sliced meat and (rarely) olives, too.

(Michelle) #10

I often bring olives and bacon. Or cheese and olives and a few nuts. Easy to eat and portable.

Me too…it’s my standard go to! :+1:

(Ritchie Linden) #12

Roast a joint of beef, or another meat on Sunday, and slice thinly into lunch portions for the week, and make portion of salad to go with it, I keep a bottle of ranch and blue dressings at with to mix in with the salad, work lunches done!

(Allie) #13

In the fridge at work today I have boiled eggs, sliced beef and cheese fingers - as well as pre-made almond & coconut protein bars, and chocolate brownies. Sometimes I bring in pre-cooked chicken portions, sometimes cultured Greek yogurt with blueberries. We have no microwave here or any way of preparing food so I prep at home and bring it in as snacks.

(KCKO, KCFO) #14

“i have salami and cheese for lunch all the time.
Me too…it’s my standard go to! :+1:

Me three, that was my lunch at home today, with a pickle on the side.

(eat more) #15

@ReaperScoob
i tired half the roll earlier…salami, cream cheese, and a sweet and spicy pecan (it’s in recipes. i’m on my phone or i’d link it :neutral_face:)
doooo eet!
yum!

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #16

There’s a good string on work lunches under zero carb, you could always add veggies if zero carb is not your focus

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #17

I eat provolone, meat, mayo sandwiches at work more than I should admit :joy::joy::joy::smiley:

(Steve) #18

Oh man that looks good. But that may be my fasting self talking…

(Mary Ann) #19

Those pictures made me hungry :grinning:

(Griffin Mekelburg) #20

Yup gonna have to look that up lmao!