OMG no...! My DEXA scan

conversationstarters

(Parker the crazy crone lady) #1

I just got home from having my first DEXA scan this evening. Holy cats, what a a shocker. I mean obviously I have to lose fat, but I had no idea my body fat percentage is 46.9!!! Who is almost 50% fat?

At least I also found out that I’ve lost 18 pounds so far. And I have good, solid bones. But, but, nearly 47%? And the visceral fat. :roll_eyes: 2 1/2 pounds there.

Please, would anyone else share their starting (and current) DEXAs? I’m horrified and intensely curious.

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #2

Here is mine from 3m ago. I think it was about 31lbs of fat out of 116lbs

I go for another one Monday.

(Parker the crazy crone lady) #3

Oh cool! How do I find it?

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #4

Click on the word “here” it should link to my post with results

Yep! I was 56% fat! Check out my Dexa Scan 1 here:
https://www.ketogenicforums.com/t/zeranity-accountability/51509/4?u=zeranity

It’s pretty amazing, here is a picture from a few weeks ago. I’m just amazed at the 50% fat I have on me :slight_smile:

I am currently 245 in this pic and probably 51% fat percentage.

(Parker the crazy crone lady) #6

Oh jeez, my eyes must be tired, as I missed the color indicating a link. :yum:

(Parker the crazy crone lady) #7

See, you look pretty good! Where are you hiding all the fat? :wink:

Thanks!!! And Im hiding it Everywhere! :joy::rofl: Love the Dexa scan - shows where everything is hiding@

(Parker the crazy crone lady) #9

One thing I like is knowing exactly how much lean mass I’m carrying, so I can zero in on my protein needs better. I’ve been guessing. :grin:

True! That is a bonus for sure!

(Tom Seest) #11

It takes courage to find out, and you now know the numbers. It just gets better from here. Keep up the good work.

(Karim Wassef) #12

(Parker the crazy crone lady) #13

I wanted my rmr done, but the company I went with here in Washington state didn’t do it. That looks useful. Thanks for sharing. :blush: