Official First Day of Keto! Have Some Questions

(Ye boi) #1

I just finished my first day of eating keto, I feel great, as I usually do, no difference yet, but I’d say the temporary weakness and such will settle in soon while I adapt. I have a couple questions

• How long do I wait to start weight training or trying to build muscle when starting keto?

• If I am not overweight and have a very good metabolism, will this lessen the symptoms of Keto flu or will it be the same as someone who plans to lose weight and doesn’t have the best metabolism?

• Other than keto strips, how can I know when I’ll be in keto and how long does it usually take?

(Anderson Herzogenrath Da Costa) #2

You can start right away but you might not be as energetic as before on the first weeks.

What we call keto flu is actually carbohydrate withdrawal. People who are more addicted to sugar have a harder time.

You might note some signs like lack of hunger or a different smell on your breath, but I recommend getting a cheap breathalyzer to test yourself.

(Edith) #3

The ketostix worked for me until I became keto adapted. Now they only measure a trace amount. I just bought a blood glucose/ketone tester. My blood says I am in ketosis so it does seem to be true about the ketostix becoming ineffective after a while.

Good luck!
Edith

I’d add that keto flu also has a lot to do with electrolyte imbalance. Adding extra sodium to your diet and salt to your water bottle when working out should help minimize some symptoms.