Observation of 1 day of high protein

Yes that is the one.

He talked about it on his podcast

(Doug) #22

@MelTar - Mel, I’d be interested to see how you feel on other days, eating the same way. One day’s experience could be due to a number of things; more data would remove some uncertainty.

Can’t rule out individual exceptions, but seems to me that the vast majority of people are quite good at preserving lean mass. For the developed world, you really don’t hear much about “protein deficiencies,” eh? My gut feeling is that if protein consumption is targeted, that we’ll more easily err toward eating too much, rather than too little. Not sure that’s even worth 2 cents, but it’s my opinion. :slightly_smiling_face: And perhaps I’m projecting my own tendency there, i.e. even if I’ve had a day’s protein already, might just conjure up some “need” to eat a 2 or 3 lb. steak in one sitting.

(Jason Fletcher) #23

I understand. It is hard to not question everything and let your mind play games. I find logging everything you can helps. Getting a Skulpt to measure body fat is a good tool to have as well or even a tape measure. Once you see everything you are doing you can have confidence in what you are doing is working and is right. When everything is on paper you will be able to make adjustments according to your current goals.