Nutrients in different organs and meats?

A poster recently wrote about different nutrients in organ meats and different types of meats…but I can’t relocate the post.

I have recently had to adopt a carnivore diet for health reasons, have a shredded GI tract.

I am currently deficient in various nutrients, (including iron, having infusions) and folate, taking supplements, which led to me pondering this question.

I’d have to assume this one?

Keep up your supps either way though, you have no way to tell otherwise what you’re getting in. Also, if you like the idea of carnivore, cool! But don’t think you (have) to go that way just because your guts screwed up, plenty of ways to go about fixing it.

Anyways you’d wind up going, I’d suggest Collagen, L-Glutamine, proper Pre/Probiotics for your needs and look into the Peptide BPC-157 and it’s gut healing magic power.

Iron-rich diet. Eating a diet with iron-rich foods can help treat iron-deficiency anemia. Good sources of iron include the following:

• Meats, such as beef, pork, lamb, liver, and other organ meats
  • Poultry, such as chicken, duck, turkey, (especially dark meat), liver
  • Fish, such as shellfish, including clams, mussels, and oysters, sardines, anchovies

Chicken liver is actually one of the highest for folate but Dr. Ken lists others to see that you are getting folate all the time eating meats.
If you have med reports saying you are low on both of these, yes I would continue supplements definitely. Then stay on carnivore plan and after a while have another test on your bloodwork and see where you stand.

Thank you Ifod! :grinning::grinning::grinning: Brilliant!!!

Thanks Fangs. Not breaking down the supplements currently, but keeping on.
Having more tests in the next few days.
Eating good chicken liver and beef liver too!
Much appreciate the link.

you rock it!!