Not losing any weight after 2 weeks

That level of activity with 1000-1200 cals is starvation, your body isn’t going to let go of anything, and you’re making it worse. You need to get your RMR up, not eat less.

No disrespect, but the “healthy fats” is the clue she doesn’t know what she’s talking about, unless you’re regularly trying to add trans-fats to things. A lot of people are very much stuck in a time of debunked nonsense from a decade ago, but that’s your fight to fight. The links to Cholesterol and CVD are debunked, Cholesterol removed by the UDSA as a “nutrient of concern” almost 10yrs ago now.

Are you doing any resistance training or only cardio stuff? Kinda of recipe for disaster if you are.

(Alec) #22

In which case you need to do the cooking. Keto will never work for you if you aren’t eating a healthy amount of fat. Eat more fat, and eat more food.

(Redddog) #23

I do a cardio HIIT thing (t-25) everyday and then I do 3 body weight workouts a week (push-ups, bench dips and 20lb hammer curls) and then usually 3.5 mile walk once a day.

1600 cals I don’t feel hungry at all. I mean, do I HAVE to eat more?

That depends, what’s your goal? You’re not hungry because your metabolic rate has adapted to high activity and low fuel. The long term consequence of that is loss of muscle and bone mass. T-25 is a pretty intense cardio session, plus your other stuff. If you’re not loosing at 1000-1200 that’s a pretty definite sign you’re not running optimally. Don’t know how you eat, but for me that wouldn’t even be two meals. So ultimately even regardless of end goals other than fat loss, at starvation calories if you’re not losing, you got a problem.

After almost a year of really bad decisions, my metabolic rate was clocked at barely over 1700, I couldn’t lose to save my life, after reverse dieting and changing (a lot) to get my lost muscle back I’m now eating close to 3k/day and still slowly losing. Incredibly hard to lose when you have no where to go as far as dropping calories. At that point I was still probably around 250-260lbs with my bodyfat in the mid-high 20’s I think, I’m now 215 and last DEXA had me at 10.9%, it’s only because I got my metabolism way up that I was able to lose. Plus, I like food and eating!

(Rossi Luo) #25

It seems that we can’t help you if you can’t change your wife’s mind.

It’s individual, we can’t possibly know that… But it’s a low amount of food. Enough for some people, starvation for others, mixed for me, for example. 1600 kcal days are great in my life but I couldn’t do it every day (I often get my minimum protein in 2500 kcal, it’s so hard for me to eat lean enough. but 1600 every day is a tad low for me anyway. but it’s me, I do get hungry with little food).

It would be a good sign you don’t feel hungry but you probably didn’t suffer a lot with 1000-1200 kcal either so I wouldn’t trust your hunger sign. It’s not always reliable anyway.
Can’t you use a calculator for your stats and go from there? Calculators aren’t reliable, sure but still may provide some starting point when one has no idea about their own needs.

One of the things (other than that I love the food) that made Keto work for me is that I could do it without anything but a simple chart showing the low carb foods and how many carbs they had. I got one from Amazon and it is a refrigerator magnet.

I hate counting things, and I found calories to be rather irrelevant as long as I was eating until sated. I ate (and eat) animal protein and fat freely, and I use all my carbs for veggies. This suits me, and I lost weight rather effortlessly. I never counted or measured a thing except how many carbs I was eating in my veggies. Sometimes I eat berries and nuts - love macadamia nuts. I often melt cheese (real cheese) over my veggies. Bacon and eggs are a staple. There is countless variety to be had with my diet and I love that about it.

One has to shed all the calorie counting stuff we have been taught, and also keep up with where nutritional science is actually taking us instead of clinging to old myths about fat and cholesterol and red meat and all of that.