Newbie here

(marc) #1

I started last Monday. Looking to lose lbs and inches. Only trying to eat higher fat high protein foods. Cut out the junk and the sodas. Joined a gym and getting on the bike.
My question is what can I eat to trigger ketosis and increase metabolism. I absolutely HATE drinking water. Sweet tea is my down fall.
I’m also planning to add fasting. I’m not really hungry all the time having to remind myself to eat.
Any advise???

(Running from stupidity) #2

Be warned that you can have energy crashes as your body changes fuel types. Just something to be aware of.

Non-carby food (esp fatty meats) and plenty of it.

Zero-carb cordial in the water to flavour it? I use this for my electrolyte solution intake.

Depending on what kind/length, I’d be cautious about adding this until you’re fully converted to fat burning, as it’s MUCH easier then, and before then you’re still training your body.

(Ellie) #3

Check out www.dietdoctor.com for a good place for food lists and recipe ideas when starting out.
Keto is moderate protein, not high, and you should eat enough fat at each meal to carry you over a few hours to the next meal without snacking.
To get into ketosis just keep you carbs below 20g per day.
Sweet tea really isn’t keto if it is sweetened with sugar so you’ll need to find a way to break that habit.
Read lots on here and listen to 2ketodudes podcasts and you’ll get there.

Hi there. I think you need to get a little bit more information and time to prepare yourself.
When I started keto, almost a week before my first no-carb day I logged information, tips and recipes in my Keto journal. I planned my meals, made shopping list, got products that I need for keto.
I agree with @Jacymac - Go to Diet Doctor. There is a lot of information and even informational charts like this one.

(Carpe salata!) #5

I got a good water filter and now drinking water is great :smiley:

You know, I thought if you hate water and drink sweet tea or soda instead all the time, even only switching from those drinks to water should make a big difference on your health and weight

(less is more, more or less) #7

Hello, neophyte, and welcome to the fray! I strongly recommend you take a look at the FAQ here, as well as this helpful and concise overview written by the 2 Keto Dudes, of what living Keto roughly means. Many neophytes have incorrect assumptions about Keto. I certainly did. Those two resources should be helpful for you.