New Guy Here - 2 months Keto, still learning

(Bob M) #21

Interesting. Back when I was drinking beer, some of my favorite beers where brewed by monks. In particular, Chimay and Orval from this list:

Hopefully you can convert more folks to keto or at least low carb or even more meat/whole foods. Though I have had no luck doing that.

(Peter - Don't Fear the Fat ) #22

I’ve had no luck doing that either. Just shows how powerful the darkside is! It’s very had to convince people when they’ve been told how healthy brown rice and pasta and whole foods are.
We are up against very well meaning health professionals … sadly many of whom don’t have a clue.
Dr David Unwin is a brave man.

(Rossi Luo) #23

After seeing your post, I Baidued (Chinese google) if monks are allowed to have alcohol. It’s interesting that, there are two answers:

1. Monks are not allowed to have alcohol. (refer < 梵网经菩萨戒>, it’s a book of monks, written around 2400 years ago and translated to Chinese from India or somewhere else?)
  2. Monks are allowed to have alcohol. But only the alcohol not strong, it’s so called 素酒 (maybe translated to Vegetarian Alcohol Drinks).

It’s complicated, but in most common Chinese people’s view, monks are not allowed to have alcohol.

(Rossi Luo) #24

Yes, it is, I can’t even persuade my mom to believe Keto to treat her diabetics. Like the people else where, we believe vegetables, fruits and plant-based food are good for health…