My neighbor is trying to sabotage me but I'm aware of it

(Rebecca ) #22

Hey BlueViolet! Speaking of Chinese food…I got a kick out of seeing tiny, little Hop Sings in Ft Wayne when I was there!!:grin:

(Heather Meyer) #23

:slight_smile: Great job for holding your ground!

(a student of the health benefits of fasting, keto and low carb) #24

“…could you open em up and just eat the filling with a fork?”

That is a thought that occurred to me too! :slight_smile: I would have received gratefully, considered the situation in private, and then I’d probably have eaten the innards!

I’ve done something like this when a family member had been kind enough to buy tacos for me. The insides were beef & lettuce with spicy sauce and quite delicious. Of course, the deep fried corn tortilla shell would have been delicious too, but since I was unobserved, I didn’t eat that part. Come to think of it, I’ve done this with tempura too, taking off the batter part and eating the shrimp and veggies in the middle. I’m not super militant about avoiding fried foods btw, this is just something I’ve done from time to time with food that’s been gifted to me.

It might seem kind of silly, but I find it really hard to turn down an offering of food! :slight_smile:

(hottie turned hag) #25

Hellnaw it’s not silly; I’m too frugal to turn down free.

A wonderful neighbor gave me tomatoes and peppers from his garden, I ate every one despite being almost-carn.

I’ve eaten a Philly cheesesteak with a fork, left the bread, and actually this thread has me craving Chinese like badly. I may get some, like a beef dish and an eggroll and eat the contents of the eggroll like I said above. :fortune_cookie:
(no eggroll emoticon :expressionless:)

(Karla Sykes) #26

These are all good pointers Thank you so much for all of your advice

(hottie turned hag) #27

Hey Karla send the eggrolls here to me in Fort Wayne; wrap in foil and overnight them. I’ll be eagerly awaiting :stuck_out_tongue:

(Karla Sykes) #28

Oh my gosh I’m in Indianapolis Indiana close

(hottie turned hag) #29

HA just drive them up then! :grin:

(Rebecca ) #30

And I am relocating to Ft Wayne after Thanksgiving!!! What a small world we live in!!!

(hottie turned hag) #31

So Karla, bring enough egg rolls for @Rebj too :smiley:

(Rebecca ) #32

:rofl::laughing: