Many people are now revisiting the protein issue

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #21

Protein — The most important nutrient for health - Diet Doctor Podcast

and reading the post does the argument ‘of it all’ pertain to you as a person as your medical needs come into play, your age hitting this lifestyle come into play and SO MUCH more that this mini issue of my science report beats yours is just so wong.

omg people be you. Get off the sugar. Find your path. So much great info is out there from alot of sides but in the bitter end truly it is 1000% about you…what it takes.

We know sugar has to go.
Overly processed pretend food!
then step into what works more for you or against you thru physical eating etc.
More we elmin. the better we ‘can reset’ to learn truths that it takes for each of us.

this ‘war’ over the internet is monster BS and I get each wants to ram their truths down our throats, but they ain’t you LOL

pick a plan. start as directed from knowledgeable sources then find you in what it takes and will it be overnight, fight thru adaptions and healing and more, yes, will it change again down the road as what we require thru life, of course it will…

the more BS we start with will work against us always as an idividual. Start basic and find you in it all is the best darn advice any one can and I don’t care about the science micro facts, what is the whole point of any of it??? Ourselves and what we need!

ok just a darn ramble here but the internet food war of vegan to veggieterian to carnivore to keto to control this and take that supp for best health and more WILL NEVER satisfy all but if you go more elimination of crap and walk down and down to ‘real food’ then WE CAN get it and learn what we require.

ahhh, just a chat LOL

this eat this and not that is BS to the ultimate, it is WHO are you and where you are at in life and go from there and if we give all the crap out there on the net a grain of salt if it might suit us – we thrive better if we take real physical experiences into play vs. the micro manage this and that BS ya know

ok I spewed HAHA

I read it for the diagrams.

Interesting, I saw no such diagrams before.
I don’t really believe it, by the way (but I am not sure about things as I don’t know how it is with most people)… I look at people and they seemingly get satiated with their fatty carby food too. I always felt a weirdo as I got negative satiation from it (but it doesn’t matter if the carbs are refined or not or if the food has fat or not, carbs without protein and fat have the exact same effect. actually, fat probably helps but as I rarely ate fat+carbs only and almost never ate carbs only in bigger amounts, it’s just some vague guess…) Because zero? It doesn’t seem too weird but negative? That is super odd. But happens. About all the time if I eat carbs (I have no extensive texts with animal carbs though, packed with very much protein ensures it’s fine - protein helps even with plant carbs -, without much protein… no idea, it has no positive satiation effect but is it negative…?), almost no matter what.

And fiber never ever satiated me the slightest. I always read that vegetables are super satiating and I obviously get hungry eating them as they are carbs without much protein. But add tablespoons of pure fiber if you like, it doesn’t matter to my body, it’s no food so no satiation comes. But at least I don’t get hungry, I need net carbs for that.
Fibers usually come with carbs and especially fruits are good at making people super hungry (even if they were satiated before), at least I know such people. But some people gets good satiation from them, they say…

Satiation is the topic where I rarely get surprised about anything if it’s about an individual and I can’t say a thingle general rule (though protein tends to be fine for satiation in general), people are all over the place. Even protein can be very bad at satiation in some cases (I am not the only one who find chicken lacking. and it’s not lack of calories or fat as chicken thighs with skin did that to me, 1 kg of that and that’s a big meal with great macros even for me).

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #25

I just posted this link in another topic, but I think it’s important enough to link it here as well.

(nereid) #26

“Prawns are extremely low in calories. The same 100 grams of prawns contains only about 115 calories. Chicken contains about twice as much and beef three times as much.”

I can imagine myself binging on 2 lbs of prawns for my less than 1200 kcal xd id definitely hit my protein [multiple times ] but the only reason im not hungry cause im nauseated and wanting to throw up :joy::dizzy_face::shrimp: