Ketonix Bluetooth

(e97ce4c3441caff99586) #1

I just found out ketonix has a Bluetooth version. I have the 2015 and have problems with the software running on my windows desktop all the time. I’m curious if anyone has experience with the Bluetooth version with an iPhone or iPad?

(Tony Parrack) #2

Not sure how I logged out and back in but I started this thread. Thanks for any input on the ketonix Bluetooth

(Jim Russell) #3

I just got a bluetooth ketonix a couple of days ago. I have android, not apple, so I’m not sure how applicable my experience will be.

First off, the app is not super polished yet. The UI is clunky, but it works. It looks a lot like the windows/mac version of the program.

There is also a new mac version of the app (windows version coming soon) that works with the bluetooth, and that is actually what I have used more often than not. It pairs via bluetooth, just like the android app.

I haven’t it very long, so about all that I can really say is that it works. Do you have any specific questions?

(Tony Parrack) #4

Thanks Jimbo for the information. Did you have a ketonix before you purchased the Bluetooth?

I have one but I don’t use it because the software on my pc takes a long time to load. Silly reason I know. I also figured I would travel with it to work and stuff testing more often then once a few days. How often are you testing?

I think it’s fair to assume the app will get better with time. I’m going to hold off with the purchase for a few months. I ordered jimmy Moore smart meter and might be able to get by with that.
But if this was a awesome device that helped monitor how deep in ketosis one is I would consider it
Thanks again for your insight, keto on,
Tony

(Jim Russell) #5

No, the bluetooth is my first ketonix. So I’m still getting used to using it and I’ve been using it at least once a day since I received it last week.

I started doing a 3 or 4 day fast yesterday, so I’m testing morning and evening. Basically I’m just looking for trends. I also have a blood ketone test device and during this fast I’m testing 3 things at the same time. Blood ketones, ketonix and a cheap breathalzyer.

If you haven’t seen it, there is a long thread about using a cheap breathalyzer in place of a ketonix. That might be a cheaper alternative to buying a whole new ketonix. :slight_smile:

https://www.ketogenicforums.com/t/test-breath-ketones-without-a-ketonix-using-a-cheap-breathalyzer/9450