Ketone Oblivious

(KCKO, KCFO) #21

That’s why so many of us hang around here. You do you here.

Nope! Got suckered into that when I knew nothing… never again! Haven’t checked them in years.

(Robin) #23

I just re-read your description of your diet…. Mostly green. I was a happy vegetarian for many years. I have yet to meet a veggie I don’t love. Can you give me a general example of what you eat on a regular basis? I miss my veggies, but early on in my keto journey, I learned that they were higher in carbs than I expected so I limit them. But I am basically in maintenance now and would love to add some green!

(KCKO, KCFO) #24

I eat mostly green leafy veggies, asparagus, leeks, some cauliflower and broccoli. Baby carrots and cherry tomatoes are treat foods for me, I eat them just occasionally for some variety. I eat seasonal fruit that we grow in our garden, raspberries and apples. The bulk of my diet is the meats, cheese/yogurt, some nuts with the greens. I use EVOO, avocado oil, coconut oil with vinegars for dressings of the greens. Liquid stevia is my sweetener of choice.
It might not work for everyone but I seem to do well eating this way. I did consider going carnivore, but I missed the green stuff too much.

In my younger days I was a vegetarian, but I was also sick alot with my sinus and lungs. I actually consider myself as a former grainarian, because grains were the bulk of my diet before. I have cut out all wheat, rice, etc.

(Robin) #25

Thanks, that’s exactly how I envision being able to add my veggies back in. I just made a soup with cauliflower, broccoli, Brussel Sprouts, bacon and Italian sausage, with saved beef broth from roasts or brisket I’ve made. Then added some heavy whipping cream and a grunt load of spices. I’ll only have a small bowl every couple days, but it was divine.

(Jasna Nicolson) #26

I’m afraid I’m one of those annoying people that check daily at the end of my fasting window … and track my GKI. I’m a cancer patient so try to really go for it one week in every month, then have a Vitamin C infusion at the end of that. Saw a study by Valter Longo on fasting and Vitamin C but the fasting mimicking diet is too high carb for me. Don’t hate me, It gives me some comfort given there are lots of things about my physical condition I can’t control.

(Butter Withaspoon) #27

Those sound like very good reasons to track. It’s good to be able to choose whether to or not. It has to serve your goals.

I hope it’s helping with the cancer, it must be horrible not to be able to control it all :hugs: