KetoMojo Anomalies

(Kenneth) #1

Does anyone else have anomalies with their Mojo?

11:30pm last night I was at 1.9, at 9am today .6, at 9pm 3.3.

No exercise, no MCT, no supplements … just lunch and dinner. I had standard 70/25/5 macros today, but snuck in a cup of buttered popcorn around 12pm. And somehow I am at 3.3 … and I tested twice within 30mins to verify it was not a bad strip.

Anyone else jump like this? Thoughts?

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #2

It’s a dynamic system. It changes continually. Test hourly for a day to see for yourself how much it changes.

(Cecile Seth) #3

I also see tremendous changes by time of day, eating etc. From what I’ve read it is quite normal, as @amwassil says. There is a wonderful thread in Show me the science titled Dr Boz Calculates levels of autophagy using blood sugar/blood ketones ratio Members share graphs of their own readings which I found incredibly insightful.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #4

@Cecile in another topic I discuss my failed attempt to calibrate a ‘cheap breathalyzer’ TM against my Ketonix breathalyzer.

Since I received the Ketonix I’ve been sampling my breath for breath acetone (BrAce) multiple times per day to see what happens. It’s a very noisy signal! That’s to be expected in a dynamic system where you’re measuring an extremely dilute and very volatile gas mixed with millions of molecules of other heavier and much less volatile gases. It is very interesting to watch the changes when physically active, at rest, eating, post eating, etc. The extremes are on the order of 60ppm! An order of magnitude. That’s equivalent to changes of 0-6+ mM values of β-hydroxybutyrate.

@kjgeraci These are NOT anomalies!

(Kenneth) #5

Great thread. Thanks.

(Ian) #6

I have the same meter. My blood ketones are always lower in the morning and higher in the evening. The reverse is true for my blood sugars. I presume it has something to do with the dawn effect.