Keto Truckers?

(Brenda Lock) #1

Are there any keto truckers in this forum, or folks who do a lot of road trips? Looking for tips on being keto on the road. What would you pack in a cooler? Not trusting restaurants and want to pack my own. But not eggs…hate eggs. Thanks!

(Doug) #2

Hi Brenda. :slightly_smiling_face: There are indeed - I drive about 20 or 30 percent of the time, and for most of the rest am working away from home. We stay in hotels, so often there is meat in the morning, but not always, and many days it’s just black coffee for me then.

In a cooler - meat and cheese come to mind, other dairy stuff like cottage cheese and yogurt. Beef jerky, pork rinds, pickles, celery…

In my lunchboxes i often have porkchops or chicken i fried the day before. I dont reheat but eat it cold, its good that way.

Im not a trucker, but make many foodboxes for a few days at a time. Make a pie, cut it in four, and theres four boxes for you :grinning: I also have the pie cold the next day…

(Boston_guy) #4

Podcast with a keto trucker… https://vinnietortorich.com/2017/10/joe-finds-the-lifestyle-that-works-episode-916/

Huge fan of just packing my own lunches, but I’m regional so I don’t have to pack too much at once. Pilots/J’s have a section next to the soda fountains that have hard boiled eggs (you gotta work on that), cubed cheese, pepperoni, meat and cheese combo packs, cups of chicken salad etc it’s keto heaven. Love’s has a section (kinda) like that but a little less choices. T/A has the cheese and beef sticks as well but for some reason those are usually in a small fridge near the scale desk but moves around a little depending on location. Those country diners that are at a lot of the T/A’s have no issues just loading you up on scrambled eggs with bacon. I stay away from sausage since it’s usually got sugars in it. Don’t forget about pork rinds and in my case some zero sugar energy drinks. Love them for the taste more than anything. If you drink coffee I’d stay away from the cream they have in the dispensers. It’s usually half n half or light cream. If you have a fridge keep your own heavy in there or get yourself a magic bullet and do your own bulletproof coffee’s if you have an inverter.

(Candy Lind) #6

@BrendaL look here! I’m trying to get all truckers to post questions, tips, tricks, etc. in one place. Being on the road is a unique challenge, so we need to tackle it together. :grin: I understand this is an older thread, but I hope you are still around.