Keto stalled more than a year

I wanted to add, strictly speaking the reason for fasting, as it’s explained by dr Fung, is to stay for a period of time at minimal insulin levels, and by this progressively reduce IR. So, the fact that you don’t lose weight any more during fasts may and may not mean that they’re not working for you.
Anyway one thing is the theory and another is what really happens… Myself, I am sure I wouldn’t last a month at stall on keto, as I can bear this type of eating only because, and in the measure that, it makes me lose. You’re lucky to like the woe, so you can afford all this patience.

Maybe. I am very aware of Fung’s theories, that is how I got here. I think if I am not losing weight or inches, the only way to tell for sure is to do a fasting insulin test or even a kraft test. I am not ready to do that.

I did not like it in March 2017. When I read a comment on Fung’s site written by someone suggesting keto I thought it was both dangerous and unpleasant. I was really enjoying going to weddings and eating what I wanted and losing weight. I had done Atkins in the 80s for 2 weeks and aside from almost ripping my roomate’s head off after the first week, I would stare at the bologna in my fridge and want to barf. I did not know how to cook and there was no public internet where I could click and find substitutes for my favorite meals.

My whole life until 2009 I ate bread, pasta, pizza, cereal and so on. There was not a carb I did not enjoy. I do not think I ate meat until I went to college other than schnitzel or hamburgers. Cheese was ok with other food but hardly something I could eat by the chunk. To this day I do not eat pork so bacon is out and I happen to despise fatty meat. I get most of my fat from cheese, dairy, avocado, coconut products and butter.

In 2009 due to stomach issues and weighing quite a bit more than I do now, I went gluten free. My stomach felt better. I stuck with it but would cheat (still do but only in small amounts now). When I started keto in April 2017, I thought I would do it until I had lost all the weight I wanted and had stabilized for 6 months and then I would go back to eating quinoa, rice and sweet potatoes with the occasional pizza cheat meal. I used to have debates over whether IR is cured or merely in remission. Now I do not care, I have no plans to change ever. It is not the food, which I am fine with but not what I would have chosen, it is the feeling of satiety that I love and refuse to give up, it is literally effortless

I am very similar. And I had the same idea, get in, lose weight, get out.
I’ve always eaten very healthy but insufficient protein. That’s why I am so fascinated by the Protein Leverage Hypothesis. There is frustratingly little info about PLH, I just found a good explanatory article so I am going to post it in the PLH thread.

I’ve only just begun with PLH but for example yesterday I wasn’t hungry all day, and I didn’t eat. It doesn’t happen only with keto.

(Edoos) #24

Have you measured your hormones and thyroid. From what I can see this is the remaining things to check to be sure is not coming from unbalanced hormones or high stress hormones.

Stress hormones if chronically high affect belly fat levels.