Keto ranks as the worst diet for 2018

Hey everyone, congrats and welcome to the worst diet of 2018! sigh one day, they’ll get it.

One positive is more bacon for us.

(Cristian Lopez) #3

well no other diet involves ketosis so we have the super power!

(Chris Pazdernik) #4

For the relatively new keto diet, the experts were especially concerned about extremely high fat content – about 70% of daily calorie intake – as well as unusually low carbohydrate levels: only 15 to 20 net carbs a day. The 2015-20 dietary guidelines for Americans suggest that 45% to 65% of daily calories come from carbs but less than 10% from saturated fat.

Show me the science!

(Janet) #5

There is another thread on this if you want to read more comments on these rankings. US News and World Report Best Diets 2018

(Bunny) #6

I think what is really happening is that this is a result (very subtle) of the academic level of training ‘not how to think’ but ‘what to think?’

So many misconceptions reinforced by yet another and another creating an impenetrable social structure and bond (i.e. social stratification; power is numbers)!

Victims of an academic self-fulfilling prophecy:

…The self-fulfilling prophecy is, in the beginning, a false definition of the situation evoking a new behavior which makes the original false conception come true. This specious validity of the self-fulfilling prophecy perpetuates a reign of error. For the prophet will cite the actual course of events as proof that he was right from the very beginning[1]

[1] Merton, Robert K. (1948), “The Self Fulfilling Prophecy”, Antioch Review, 8 (2 (Summer)): 195, doi:10.2307/4609267, ISSN 0003-5769, retrieved May 4, 2014

Go against the academic grain (training) and liability lawsuits ensue!

(Keto in Katy) #7

The most stunning thing to me is the lack of curiosity among intelligent people.

(Marie Drake) #8

I disagree with this BS. Show me the science! In 3 years on keto my N=1 experiment shows these results: 47 lbs gone, diabetes gone (fasting blood sugars are in the 90s sometimes 80s, fasting insulin is down to 7.1 and still dropping! HbAC1 is 5.1), inflammation gone (c-reactive protein is now LESS THAN 1.0), PCOS cured prior to hysterectomy, waist is now 34” (I’m 6’1” tall), triglycerides plummeted to 58, etc. And 3 out of 5 of my docs tell me to stay keto forever to prevent a cancer recurrence. I’m keto 3 years. Show me the science as the 2KetoDudes always say.

I saw a news story where a physician stated she was recommending the keto diet to all her diabetic patients. The only negative she said was that it’s impossible to maintain this diet long term but I see that lots of people have made this a life style choice and are able to do this.