Keto in prison

He asked me to thank you all so much for the advice and ides. He was truly moved and inspired by y’all!

(James storie) #22

That is definitely an idea!

(Clare) #23

I’m not sure what he can get access to but obvious additions to his diet if possible are olive oil and coconut oil.
Coconut oil in your coffee is pretty great - assuming he’s allowed something to whisk it. (But if he’s not, you can kind of emulsify the mix by pouring it back and forth between two cups a few times.)
And many Greek people will simply drink a shot glass of EV olive oil.

Bit of an acquired taste but then so are a lot of the things we do and eat. :wink:

I wish him well on his personal journey and hope this can help him.

Thank you… we were trying to figure out to make BPC without a blender or whisk! I can get him coconut oil in capsule and EVOO in the bottle. Curious to see if he’ll do the shot!

(Clare) #25

I’ve tried it - burns the throat a bit - apparently because EVOO has a natural anti-inflammatory quality like ibuprofen but it’s not too bad.

Maybe a shaker cup - like the kind you get for protein drinks would do it for the bulletproof. :wink:

(eat more) #26

i think mct oil/coconut oil powder dissolves pretty easily…

:frowning: All we can get is the coconut oil in capsules. So he’ll probably just pop a few caps and then drink his coffee black.

Oooh – just found out he can get hummus to-go packs that are 3 total carbs, 2 net carbs each.

[quote=“Hrh_pod, post:25, topic:12453”]
Maybe a shaker cup - like the kind you get for protein drinks would do it for the bulletproof. :wink:
[/quote] Yay, he can get those!

(eat more) #30

he can open the capsules into his coffee :blush:

(What The Fast?!) #31

@gatita SPAM!!! Maybe not the best food quality - but it’s cheap and it’s a great ratio of fat to protein!

Yessss! Great!

(Clare) #33

canned sardines, mackerel and salmon. Again not sure what he can get but canned oily fish is a store cupboard staple for me.

He can get all of those though he says he hates sardines and mackerel. I’m working on that issue myself, since I know they’re good for me, but haven’t found a recipe yet lol.

(James storie) #35

I get the King Oscar brand sardines. They are a little pricy compared to most sardines, but they are packed in evoo and have a great flavor! The key is to find ones that say bristling sardines.

(Clare) #36

I make mackerel pate. Can of fish in oil, mix with sour cream and a dash of mayo. Add lots of black pepper, grate a little lemon zest then squeeze lemon juice.
You can make the same recipe with sardines and salmon or smoked salmon.