Keep running out of likes :(

I’m just saying, if they want us to follow the guidelines, we’re gonna need more likes! :heart_eyes:

Keep It Tidy

Rather than posting “+1” or “Agreed”, use the Like button.

(Chris) #22

Or maybe add a counter, so you can ration and budget your likes. :boxing_glove:

You know, most days it’s not that bad, but every now and then there’s a thread that is so good, the likes just disappear in a heartbeat.

Too many people have too many good things to say! It’s a GREAT forum!

(Running from stupidity) #24

I kinda agree with this, but also not. Sometimes a like just isn’t emphatic enough, or you want to explain. Well, I do. Might say something about me…

+1 Agreed!

BTW, I just “liked” your post, but I don’t know if it’s gonna stick, because it keeps telling me I’m out, and have to wait. Don’t know why it looks like it worked, when it really doesn’t. :thinking:

(Running from stupidity) #26

Yeah, I mentioned that a few weeks ago, somewhere - it shows you that you’ve liked it, but it doesn’t record it because you’ve hit the limit, so if you refresh the page, it’s gawn.

Yep.

Thank God, I thought I was going crazy. :woozy_face:

(Running from stupidity) #28

TBF, this doesn’t support or disprove that in anyway.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #29

Maybe “likes” and “loves?”

(Robert C) #30

I think allowing more likes could start to make commentary a popularity contest. It would be good (I think) to publish the daily max and end this thread.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #31

The Discourse programmers are a bit schizophrenic about this. On the one hand, they want us to use likes instead of posting simply +1, but on the other hand, they feel it “cheapens” likes to hand them out to too many people. I sometimes return to threads to like posts once I’ve been given more to hand out, but sometimes I just do a +1 post. It depends on how annoyed I am at the programmers in that moment.

(Running from stupidity) #32

LOL

I often find myself giving likes to posts I missed when I was in a thread earlier as a result of revisiting.

(Wendy) #33

Right after giving your post a like, I got the same box but it said wait 4 hours. :hushed: Guess I’ll go do something else like read a keto book now. :roll_eyes:

(Wendy) #34

+1

(Wendy) #35

🖒❤

(Wendy) #36

× 100🙄