Just chaffle recipes: sweet

The existing chaffle thread is eight miles long with more comments and observations than recipes (loads of those but not easy to navigate. I propose to do a thread JUST for your favorite SWEET chaffle recipe. Please add the recipe instead of just a link. I think we can ASSUME everyone knows how to cook chaffles in this thread.

I will add mine here:

Chocolate chaffle with icing

• 1 Egg
  • 2 T Unsweetened Cocoa
  • 2 T SWERVE confectioners
  • 1 T Heavy Cream
  • 1 t Coconut Flour
  • 1/2 t Baking Powder
  • 1/2 t Vanilla

Icing is 2 T cream cheese + 1 T confectioner’s swerve + 1 t vanilla
if the cream cheese is cold, microwave it briefly (5 seconds for mine)

I make this like an oreo.

I almost always do the same chaffle recipe (10g cheese + 25g egg + 10g cheese). It’s what I put on top of it that determines savory or sweet.

Chaffles - so good
(KCKO, KCFO) #3

What cheeses do you use for sweet chaffles?

I make the basic chaffle recipe (use mozzarella) and add in 1 tsp of vanilla, 1/2 tsp. cinammon, a few drops of caramel flavored stevia for a breakfast sweetish chaffle. Top with butter and sugar free maple syrup.

I typically do a finely shredded Italian blend cheese, for either savory or sweet chaffles. Sometimes for a savory chaffle, especially if I’m doing a sandwich, I might use a finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese.

My “batter” is almost always just beaten eggs, with nothing else added.

When I knew I was going to put SF maple syrup on them the other night, I put my Italian blend cheese in my Magic Bullet and turned it into a powder, then added my eggs to create a batter. I knew that would give me softer chaffles than layering cheese, eggs, cheese. But they were almost too delicate to use for a sandwich, ripping easily. There were so soft and delicate that I even had some trouble getting them out of the waffle iron without them ripping. Not sticking, but ripping as I lifted them.

I have added a tablespoon or two of coconut flour to my shaker cup when I’ve added 6-8 eggs. Again, for savory or sweet. I really didn’t notice a lot of difference on the texture or tasted of the end result.

That’s why I keep going back to just beaten eggs for my “batter”. After the toppings are added, I really don’t notice much difference it taste when I add other things to the batter. So why not keep it simple? And so simple to change the cheese on the fly, which allows me to crack a number of eggs into that shaker cup, for any use.

My savory topping is usually just butter, or a Jalapeno cream cheese. And often used for sandwiches or burgers.

My sweet toppings have been SF maple syrup, Lily’s chocolate chips (far better melted on top than in the batter), or chaffle cut into strips dusted with cinnamon and sweetener (i.e. “churros”).

(Katie) #5

Sticky bun Chaffle

1 egg beaten
2 tablespoons cream cheese
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Blend together then add
2 tablespoons swerve brown sugar
1 tablespoon crushed pecans (raw)
1 tablespoon almond flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda

Cook for 4 minutes

Drizzle over the top while hot