I've got a question about sweeteners

food

(Simon Saunders) #42

I prefer Splenda too, Richard put me in touch where to buy the raw ingredient to mix with water to get 100% pure Splenda, I’ve read that 100% is excreted out through the urine so zero absorption.

(Failed) #43

That’s interesting, I do ingredients available to the general public?

@ketoisland
I bought some sucralose powder, but it gets everywhere, so I sealed it in a Ziploc bag and I don’t dare open it again.

I just gave allulose a 1 star review on Amazon, stating the info I posted here. We’ll see if it goes through. Sometimes they reject them if they don’t like what you said.

Edited to add: I just made myself some Splenda sweetened root beer! I used sparkling water, Splenda, and LorAnn root beer flavoring.

Do you think you may have an allergy to corn? I didn’t discover mine until going Keto and now even traces of it cause a major reaction (I think for me, the inflammation from allergic food based reactions does drive up my bg/insulin temporarily). Allulose sold in the US is grown on corn as is most erythritol :slightly_frowning_face:

(Failed) #45

I don’t know if I have a corn allergy. I have no idea how I would tell. I guess it really doesn’t matter since I don’t eat corn now, LOL.

Corn can be in MANY products you may not expect like baking powder…for me it was worth pinpointing the source of my misery :rofl: (but I was dealing with much pressing issues like my throat swelling shut upon the 3rd exposure to erythritol and similar upon 1st exposure to allulose).