It's ClareBear's Ketoversary!

accountability
ketoversary

(Carol) #21

Congratulations on your one-year ketoversary! I just passed mine August 1 and also reflected back on the last year and the many changes. I’m also curious what the next year will bring. I’ll be following along. :slight_smile:

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #22

Thank you Tyler! If my views of a year on keto can inspire just one person then I’ll be happy! :hugs:

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #23

Thabks @damgal it’s awesome what can happen in a year. Once upon a time I used to be scared of the future but not anymore!

(Jill F.) #24

@ClareBear congrats on 1 year! I am about 8 months in and cant wait to celebrate my 1 year in December. I am in maintenance mode and this whole journey has been one of self knowledge and growth just like yours has been. I literally had to go to counseling more often to learn how to cope with my emotions rather than eating them. I have grown in so many ways!
I am also struggling with exercise. I do yoga a couple of times a week but feel the need to tone up especially since the weight loss. I am hoping to regain some strength and build some muscle now that I am focused on keeping the weight loss off.
Congrats on a successful 1st year!

(Doug) #25

Oh Clare, what a great post. :slightly_smiling_face: I love all the aspects of learning along the way, and about ourselves, and how we feel about the future.

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #26

Self-knowledge has been the best discovery for me so far. Well done for coming as far as you have, looking forward to you celebrating your ketoversary soon!
As for the exercise…I’ve managed my second workout this week. It wasn’t so bad :see_no_evil: I do ache a bit but once you get in to the swing of things it’s so much better. Do you have any exercise in mind you would like to try?

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #27

Thank you Doug :kissing_heart: so much to learn on keto! Not just about this way of eating but what we learn about ourselves too! It’s awesome!

(Jill F.) #28

I usually do yoga 2 to 3 x a week and light cardio and weights.

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #29

That’s great!!!
I’ve just started doing HIIT’s again but low impact ones. Nothing too crazy, just enough to get me going. I hurt today! :laughing:

Love your new pic by the way!

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #30

Just a little update on the exercise thing!
I managed to complete my third hiit (since last week) today…Omg I’m weak! :joy: I’ve been incorporating some cardio moves with some dumbbell moves. According to cronometer, by the time I’ve had dinner tonight and a couple of squares of chocolate I’ll be finishing the day on 3000 calories. Fingers crossed this means I can still work out and my hair won’t suffer for it. Wish me luck :crossed_fingers:

(Diane) #31

Luck!

(Susan) #32

Good luck, Clare =).

('Jackie P') #33

Omg you are bloody brilliant hunni! I am sure you will feel stronger as time goes on!
I’m a shocker with exercise, I start with a vengence and spend a day or two feeling like I have been run over by a truck, then get lazy!:confused:

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #34

Haha!! Thank you! :kissing_heart: It’s not easy getting in to exercise I can tell ya! My little ‘gym’ at work has been neglected for so long that all my weights were covered in cobwebs! :joy:

('Jackie P') #35

:blush: I feel a real sense of positivity coming from you!

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #36

Things are definitely moving in the right direction at the moment! :kissing_heart::hugs: xx