Is there a contact support link on this site?

conversationstarters
keto

(Mg ) #1

Is there a contact support link via this site?
I have a few questions.
I am new here.
I read all the terms, standards and rules before beginning.
I had many questions that were running, pulled by perhaps a mod?
I deleted three thank yous on one thread (before and after )
Only reason I did it because a pop up window appeared and said "please thank everyone at once using @ "
It’s always a learning process when beginning a new site. One has a slight learning curve until one navigates the set up, and how the site works.
So I deleted the individual thank yous.
The entire thread is gone along with the before and after pictures.

It was nothing that violated rules or standards.
Then I go to my inbox to check out notifications.
Turns out only a few of my conversation starters are left.
I had lots of interaction on those posts and was getting tons of great information from people. Lots of my posts are gone.
I am at a loss for this.
Not one rule was broken.
Who has that kind of authority to dictate what stays and what goes on this forum?
Does anyone have a clue how one can reach out to anyone to get an answer?
Nothing in messages, nothing indicating why (I would think they’d let you know if they were pulling litterally hours of interaction )
All that information amazing people gave, is GONE!
I’m incensed! Do they have a support tech system in place to ask these questions here?
Thank you so much

(Charles ) #2

Hi Mg,
I think there is help. In the upper right corner there is a circle with a number in it and a circle above that with a number in it (perhaps just the first). This first circle is the larger of the two. Click it. There is a lot of information and settings in there. Or you can get a reply from one of the mods. Good luck Mg.

(Mg ) #3

Thank you. Geez! Every notification is now removed. Can’t find the old posts.
All that information is gone. Assuming because the posts are. I didn’t alter anything in settings or delete one thing. A few sparse things left! I know the deleting a few things upset them but geez.
OK thank you again

I don’t see any circles with numbers on them at all. I see my avatar that lists all the responses to my posts, and 3 lines that I use to select new posts or new comments on old posts, and a search function. No circles with numbers.

(Mg ) #5

So mad! All my prior dialogue with you is gone too. Grr

(Doug) #6

Hi Mg. I don’t see that any Moderator pulled anything of yours. You’re right about there being a learning curve, but from what I can see so far, you’ve been perfect. :slightly_smiling_face:

Here’s a post with some site information in it: How trusting you will allow us to grow

I just promoted you to Trust Level 2. Not sure that will help with anything, but let’s see.

The site will occasionally give notices when posting - stuff like you saw about thanking everybody at once, versus I assume in separate posts. There’s also one that will pop up if you’ve been replying a lot to one person - it will say “consider replying to other people in this thread” - something like that.

As far as I know, you don’t really HAVE to do that - it just works out a lot of times that two people are having a conversation, and that’s fine. I always ignore that one.

Unless I’m missing something, I don’t see what happened with your posts. The only “staff action” that shows for your account and we moderators is me changing your trust level. There is an automatic system that will lock/block new users who post a lot of links or links to the same domain - this is just anti-spam stuff, and I don’t see any notices that your account was ever involved in any such thing.

What thread(s) had the posts that you can’t see any more?

(Full Metal KETO AF) #7

I can see seven topics not counting this one. How many did you make?

:cowboy_hat_face:

(Jane) #8

Are you sure it’s gone?

Click the magnifying glass at the top and type in @MG1 to search for your own posts. Are they there?

(Mg ) #9

I can’t find ANYTHING Doug? I didn’t alter delete transfer download nothing. All of my correspondence is gone. I looked everywhere.

It’s weird I kinda got a few hand slaps and everything has disappeared. All the links I was attached to are gone. Which I saved so I could revisit to see if any added info was added.

I have sporadic interaction Doug.
I checked everywhere.
I checked all my settings to see if perhaps you hit a certain number they delete or get shelved.
Nothing.
It’s bizzare yes?

I so much appreciate you taking the time to go in and look and get back to me. How very kind of you!
Why I love this forum.
Ugh hope they reappear. should of downloaded.

Thank you again you’re just awesome!

(Mg ) #10

I looked Janie. It’s all gone honey

(Mg ) #11

Edit
I don’t remember which ones exactly now. I had quite a few running together.
Just showed up to check when I made this original post and could only see dialogue from sporadic interaction. All of my before and after links and replies were gone. I do recall that. Can’t even revisit that because I can’t find it.
It’s OK I’ll pay more attention. Perhaps I made a mistake? I was careful though. Shrug
Thanks anyway you’re sweet

(Doug) #12

There’s nothing in your history as far as moderators or administrators taking any actions against you or your posts, Mg. :slightly_smiling_face: The automatic stuff like being asked not to make multiple posts thanking people is no big deal at all.

I see the two posts you deleted - they vanish after 24 hours so they’ve got ~3 hours left, then Poof.

If you’re using a phone to view this site, then you can see all your posts by clicking on your avatar (the little picture) in the upper right, then on the six-sided little “gear” icon, then again on it over on the left by where it says, “Preferences,” and then below on “Activity.” If what you’re missing does not show up there, then wow - I just do not know what happened.

You have 44 posts that have not been deleted so I have no idea what you’re thinking.

Click on your own user icon in the upper right corner and then select the “Activity” tab

(Jane) #14

I can see your posts and so can others so they aren’t gone. No idea why you can’t see them.

(Jane) #15

Does this take you to one of your threads?

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #16

I found your before and after thread right there in your activity. Where are you looking? Can you take a screenshot so we can help you troubleshoot?

https://www.ketogenicforums.com/t/started-my-first-ketogenic-experience-five-years-ago-251-20-to-go/99323?u=ruina

(Mg ) #17

I Cant find anything. All of them are gone. There are like ten left. Looked everywhere. Looked in notifications looked in in box messages. Is there somewhere else to look honey? There isn’t anything to screen shoot except the most recent and few remaining notifications I once had. I made this original post and literally 80 percent of my original notifications were gone. I could look at the notification panel and see, I said wow where is everything? Did someone delete my threads is that why they are gone? I can’t remember everything I posted. If your threads are deleted honey do the old notifications still appear or do they go? That’s a good place to start.
Thank you for responding. If I’m doing something wrong and messed up and misplaced them somehow it’ll be good to know… Know what I mean? Not in downloads either I looked

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #18

I really don’t know what you mean! Please! Show me some screen shots! I can’t imagine what has happened there is absolutely no inidcation an admin has deleted anything. Are you looking at latest posts? Because that is for the whole site, not just you. Are you looking at notifications? Did you hit the down arrow to see more than just the most recent? I would love to help you trouble shoot, but everything looks fine on my end. You really need to show me what the problem is or I have nowhere to look. No one else is complaining about this, which means I have no where to look for the peoblem. Please help me solve this issue!

(Mg ) #19

Um eek there is a down arrow. :roll_eyes:
Um I missed it. I never seen it. I went back and looked. And yeah there is a down arrow. Also see they kinda consolidate your notifications once you find the darn down arrow! Ugh
I am so sorry wish I could delete this post I’m embarassed. Ugh
I’m so sorry

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #20

Absolutely no worries! I’m glad you found it!