Intermittent Fasting on keto

(Allie) #21

Sounds like you’re not fat adapted. It’s best to leave fasting until you’re fat adapted as that’s when your body is able to go longer time without food.

(Eleonora Fois) #22

I finally managed to extend my fasting, I am on 60 hours water fast and heading finally to 72 hours…I feel so happy I do not want to stop at 72 and I will do my best to carry on…I think the will power is more important…I feel ok but sometimes I need time to rest I definitely can not manage to go to the gym…maybe a short walk to the park would be better? I am not sure how to stop the fast if to start keto again or to eat normal and then start another long fast…How long does it take for the body to be fat adapted on IF? Would be a fast if 120hour enough to be fat adapted?

(Todd Batitis) #23

I was at 356 in March 2018 and started on the bariatric clinic’s prior recommendation of eating 6 times a day, small meals/snacks and LCHP (85g/160g). It worked to lose weight then but at 295 I climbed back to where I started. As I said, in March I jumped back on it but via podcasts I had heard the term Intermittent Fasting mentioned (not discussed) from Joe Rogan primarily. After about a year of hearing it I decided to look up what it was exactly. It made total sense, especially after listening to The Obesity Code podcasts and it seemed clear that Keto fit so well with it for health reasons if nothing else, I knew the weight would come off but that wasn’t my main reason for the switch.

So in June I got a DEXA Scan and started 20:4 IF and then in July I started the transition to Keto. I would have started earlier but we had JUST bought about $200 worth of stuff that fit better with LCHP so I committed to working through it LOL.

I have had no problems with it and find the hunger to be a non-issue. I work a dayshift job driving forklift and I simply don’t eat at work and open my window from 2p-6p and on the weekends I stick to it pretty much but sometimes will open closer to noon and do 18:6 if my wife and I are out and about and she needs to get some lunch.

So far I am down 116 pounds since March 4th when I got back on the health thing, 61 of which were during IF/Keto. I have been really happy with it and the more I listen too (podcasts, audiobooks, youtube, etc.) the more it makes sense from a scientific standpoint. The biggest struggle I have is not being an over the top zealot about the health benefits. So many people, especially those who don’t get it, want to view/paint it as simply the “latest fad that has little or no scientific proof” and that a quick weight loss fix is all it is.