Insight? Advice?

There are many, many people on here who lose weight and then seem to settle at one set point for a few months and then break through. Sometimes it’s a shift in fasting patterns, a change in hunger signals, a change in exercise or sleep…but sometimes it’s just time. And they find a new low set point, a new low weight that’s easy and natural for them.

Good luck! And, yes, look around this forum and listen a ton to the podcast. You’ll get so much info an encouragement.

@JoeBuck Jason Fung also wrote a book: The Complete Guide to Intermittent Fasting that you might be interested in. Possibly jump onto his blog at IDM (Intensive Dietary Management) and read the fasting blogs. I think you will find alot of validation and inspiration from how Jason Fung frames things. He strongly suggests that the body adapts to routines of fasting and suggests EF (extended fasts) to break through. Or just making any change in a routine.

I find that this works out the mind just as much as the body. Losing a fat mind is just as challenging:)

(Mike) #23

Thanks Elaine! I’ll check out more of Dr Fung’s writings. It’s encouraging to know that plateaus are common. I’ve had a few over the last year, but this has been my longest. I’m glad to know it’s not time to panic. :grin: