I need words of wisdom!

Hi, I’m new here! I’ve been on keto since November but for the last few weeks I have been failing miserably. I was doing so well, I’ve lost 15 kg so far and now because of picking on carbs here and there the weight loss has obviously stopped. Luckily I haven’t gained any back yet!
I need to start again but my problem now is that I’m so fed up with eggs and bacon, pretty much all the meat. The only thing I can think of facing is cheese and veg. How can I get back on it now? Any advice or words of motivation? I feel so down for failing :worried:

(Allie) #2

There’s masses of variety on keto, have you looked up any recipes?

(Jo) #3

Hey the first step is realizing you are falling off the wagon. Sounds like you are still hanging onto that wagon by your fingertips.

You got this - get back to it… As far as food - what is your absolute favorite Keto thing? Make that tonight or tomorrow night if you need to plan… Then have left over sfor breakfast to get you back in the swing of things.

Then get on the recipes archive at @ 2ketodudes and try a few things you have never done before…

Check back in with us and good luck!

Yes I’ve been eating keto meals but then I’ve ruined it all by having an occasional jam doughnut, then some apple pie, bit of chocolate and whatever else! Something every single day for the past 3 weeks or so. All the while still sticking to keto meals, I suppose I was thinking I can quit the doughnuts whenever I want lol.
I went to buy some smoked salmon and salad so I’ll be having that tonight and tomorrow with some nice cheese.

I’ve looked at some recipes but I’m useless in the kitchen and I have to keep it simple, that’s the problem. I think I’ll try more fish and less other meats as I’m sick of all the bacon etc.

Trying to get over this self loathing will be hard… I’ll try to forgive myself and move on :pensive:

(Ethan) #5

You don’t need to worry about the past. That what is so good. It’s the past. It’s over. You can move forward. You will move forward. You can eat a lot of wonderful things. One thing that makes meals easier is high macros of other foods. Bulleptproof coffees have been a savior for my wife. Our version of a bulletproof is just two ingredients: coffee and heavy cream! It’s so filling that you don’t need to make complicated meals. You can learn a few here and there and then get really good at them.

(mary6aros) #6

There are MANY channels on YouTube, The Keto Chef, DottoTrot, are a couple of great ones that will give you interesting ideas. Really the possibilities are endless.
Wishing you the best! :hugs::kissing_heart:

(mary6aros) #7

Don’t hate yourself, you’ve been eating one way your entire life, and old habits seem to die hard.
You can do it though!
I’ve personally found that if I can cook chicken quarters and put come cream cheese in the drippings, it makes an awesome gravy that I serve on dark leafy greens. My husband “about dies” every time he eats it! (From pleasure, now, :joy:)

(Karen) #8

Two things:

1. There a lot of beautiful veggies you can have. Flavorful, fiberful, and full of nutrients. You can eat a lot under 20g net.
  2. Use strong cheeses for the favor, but just a sprinkle. Cheeses stall some, but we are going for flavor.
  3. Whoops I can’t count, I’ll get better if I try and practice it. You can’t cook but…practice, you’ll get so you love it. Watch the cooking keto guys.

K

Thanks guys :blush:, it’s so nice to have some encouragement! Today has (so far) been a good day, hopefully I can continue the same tomorrow. I think the worst is the sugar cravings, I don’t need pasta or pizza etc but it’s all the sweet stuff I’m struggling with. I’ll have to make some fat bombs tomorrow to help me through the cravings!

(Missy) #10

Substituting sweets for keto sweets is a healthier alternative, but might not be beneficial in helping you kick the sugar cravings. Give yourself a couple of weeks of eating a keto diet, sans the sugary sweets, and you might find that you don’t crave them at all. :blush:

(CharleyD) #11

My best wisdom is understanding granny had it right. I started looking into old school things like the cast iron skillet. Save the bacon grease!

I myself had to make a more deliberate effort to buy veggies, like frozen brussel sprouts and spinach, and get the more green bagged salad variety in the produce section.