I gained a pound back (after losing 4) on Day 6. Is that normal?

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #21

My first weigh in was three months in and it I had only lost 9 lbs but I went down multiple sizes and had to buy all new bras so the scale, IMO, can suck it (unless it says that I lost 60 lbs, then I would invite it over for Netflix and chill).

(Running from stupidity) #22

That could still workā€¦

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #23

We shall see!

(Shanda) #24

Your chart is an inspiration. I recently started recording my weight each day in an app that graphs it because I really need to see that downward trend once it starts to happen. I know that I will obsess over every ounce if I dont. So far itā€™s working out well because Iā€™m not really paying too much attention to the number. Iā€™m just treating like data that needs entered.

Nice! Thatā€™s a perfect way to approach it, honestly. Even looking at it over the period of a week rather than a daily change, I donā€™t see anything positive sometimes. I then zoom out and see the bigger picture and realize Iā€™m overthinking things.

Drink a gallon of water, you just gained 8lbs. Eat a 12oz steak and a side with a drink, you just gained over 1lb until your body processes it all. Weight gain/loss doesnā€™t work that way. If 1lb after a loss of 3 in less than a week starts making you doubt what youā€™re doing, donā€™t weight daily.

(Maddy) #27

GUYS: I am back. Still stuck on only 3.1 pounds down in 10 days!!! HELP!!

(KetoQ) #28

Dude, you are the Czar of Consistency!

Itā€™s only been 10 days. Just relax.

(Deborah ) #30

Iā€™m down about 30 lbs., but itā€™s been a long, slow journey (and ongoing). I started the weekend after Motherā€™s Day in May 2018. Iā€™m only about halfway to my goal, but am in no way discouraged, as Iā€™ve decided the weight will come off when it comes off.

I weigh myself not quite daily, but often, always first thing in the morning sans clothes. I play a little game with myself where I only record the weight if itā€™s a loss showing less than the previous loss. If itā€™s a gain (which it often is), I donā€™t record it. :grinning:

(Running from stupidity) #31

There are 20-odd answers about your post that are about helping already.

(Laurie) #32

Whatā€™s wrong with that? Whatā€™s the alternativeā€“quitting and gaining it all back?

Personally I prefer to weigh every day, even though I have ups and downs and tend to lose slowly. But if youā€™re going to be freaking out about losing ā€œONLYā€ 3 pounds in 10 days, maybe youā€™re one of the people who should throw out the scale.

Youā€™re doing great. Just keto on.

(Maddy) #33

Thank you. I definitely need to calm down. HAHA

(Maddy) #34

Thank you!

(Maddy) #35

Thank you

(Maddy) #36

Thanks

lol i do this too ~ it makes me feel like iā€™m getting somewhere!