I freaked out my eye doctor tonight

(Cathy) #41

It happened to me too. I went from a -3.25 to a -2.25. Sometimes I forget that I don’t have my glasses on. My optometrist was not particularly surprised and said it ‘sometimes’ happens that way and I am just ‘lucky’. I think not. I think I have been keto for almost 10 years and luck has nothing to do with it.

(James Gough) #42

It’s getting better again. I was just at the supermarket and could read the small print ingredients really easily. I was having to take photos and zoom in or get my daughter to read for the last year. So happy :smiley:

(Ian Stavert) #43

I’m 68 and recently went to have my eyes tested as my multi-focal prescription wasn’t working anymore, to the extent I could read clearer without my glasses than with then - I had also been diagnosed with burst blood vessels on the back of one of my retinas, a result of my T2D. So the blurry patch that I noticed that indicated that retina problem has disappeared, and my opthamologist told me that I could now legally drive without my glasses - I got my licence on my 17th birthday needing glasses. So I’m a very happy chappy.

(Susan) #44

I am 54 and so far I just use the Dollar store reading glasses, for any reading, including the computer. If mine improve maybe that is all I will ever need, or even not need them, that would be awesome.

(Art ) #45

Craig,

Any experience in how IF, Keto and autophagy in regards to diabetic retinopathy?

(UsedToBeT2D) #46

Keto for 1 year now. I was prescribed corrective lens about 15 years ago and have been wearing them. My vision has improved since keto, I no longer need glasses. My ophthalmologist said that I have some early stage indications of diabetic retinopathy, but not of concern at this point. I passed 20/20 vision exam. I don’t need glasses anymore. I am hopeful that Keto will help reverse the damage to my eyes. It certainly is helping from further progression of the retinopathy.
KCKO!!

Good job! I still need my glasses, but no longer have signs of macular degeneration! While Keto doesn’t heal everything, it definitely helps with some issues!

(Gregory - You can teach an old dog new tricks.) #48

Still need reading glasses, but my far vision has improved with low/no carb…

(UsedToBeT2D) #49

Update. My vision is still improving since Keto. I continue to see better, especially my near vision seems to be better. I can read a lot of small print, close up, better than before. Undoubtedly it is lower blood sugar, but perhaps it’s all in my head. I’ll consider it a win. KCKO.
P.S. I have misplaced my glasses about 1 year ago.

(Laurie) #50

I haven’t had an eye test in 12 years. But I’m sure my vision is improving.

(UsedToBeT2D) #51

I had an annual eye exam yesterday with an ophthalmologist, (I have been off all of my type 2 diabetes medications for over 1-1/2 years) and was somewhat apprehensive… Last year I had a few dot blot hemorrhages from my past out of control blood sugar, but not of huge concern, and I still see 20/20 with a slight prescription.
The doctor said she sees no further progression of eye damage due to diabetes.
KCKO!!