I feel like yuck!

(Tessy M.) #21

Have you listened to the Obesity Code podcasts? Season 1 Episode 4 does a good job explaining how fasting and insulin impact fat loss. It might help with understanding why we’re suggesting eating fewer times during the day.

(Liz ) #22

I knew I was fat adapted (which is different from being in ketosis) when suddenly I was able to go long stretches without eating. it was like a switch flipped. And the reason I wasn’t hungry was because finally my insulin was low enough that my body could get energy from my stored fat, mostly fat around my organs and in my blood stream and spilling out of my sloppy fat cells.

That lasted about 8 months then my appetite increased and my weight loss slowed. So that means I hit a wall where my fasted insulin is still too high to easily burn my body fat which is now stored in very newly healthy, efficient fat cells that won’t let go! So now I fast to drive my basal insulin rate down even further, bit by tiny bit until I can access my fat stores again.

A combination of eating Keto and fasting to lower insulin levels is the magic sauce of this way of eating and what will make it the last “diet” I ever do. I’m Keto for life and I will never struggle with how to lose weight again because this formula works for my body.

I have about 25 pounds left to go and all I need now is patience, salt, and bacon, lol! I don’t care if it takes years because I finally understand the science that makes all this work.

(Heather Miller) #23

@LizinLowell i am amazed by how frequently on this forum your words mirror what i am thinking. I agree with everything you say here. As well as knowing I was fat adapted when I wasn’t hungry, it was also a subtle change in mood and energy level thst let me know that my body had changed…

It will happen, but patience is needed, KCKO.

(Richard Hanson) #24

Hi ketoinLA,

Congratulations on feeling like crap. :nauseated_face:

Some poor fools never get to experience feeling like crap on keto, a milestone, a right of passage, but you will have maximum bragging privileges. Seriously, keto requires some measure of dietary courage and you are awesome! Give it a bit of time and it all will be soooo good!

Keto for Life!

Warmest Regards,
Richard

Awesome! That really helps!!

LOL! That’s great! I will take one for the team I guess!! It helps to know that there’s an end in sight!!!

(Liz ) #27

Right on. I should also say, there’s a lot of healing that goes on that you can’t see. It’s happening in your hormones, in your metabolism, it’s happening at the mitochondrial level. And your body is basically switching from running on gasoline to bio-diesel so it’s complex! I hope it gets easier for you.

(Sophie) #28

I knew it like @LizinLowell said, I didn’t care about when the next meal was or was not supposed to be, breakfast flew to the wayside and IF came naturally. I was absolutely certain the morning I cleaned a filthy auxiliary back door, front and back to gleaming, that had needed attention for over 4yrs! I also had lots of energy that I hadn’t experienced in years. It scared me when I began eyeing all the crap in the garage. :flushed: :blush:

I have been low carb and no sugar most of my life. I’ve been Keto for a while with good discipline for the past few months. Now I am fat adapted and I can see many benefits.

• my mental health is more balanced
  • imflamation is gone
  • my thinking is clear and focused
  • my energy level is fantastic
  • i’ve Lost many pounds and inches
  • i’ve Healed a fatty liver
  • I enjoy eating fat and my body craves fat
  • I stopped consuming alcohol except bourbon at home once in a while
  • no more allergies
  • no anxiety
  • my environment and friends support what I am doing as they can see the differences also

I eat asperagas, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, brocilli, lettuces

(Ron Sharp) #31

I am fat adapted in that I know I am in ketosis (judging by my keto strips and dragon breath). However, i still get nauseous with too much fat. Only 30 days in and I assume this will get easier. Eating a lot of fat without carbs and getting nauseous is definitely the hard part for me.

Sounds wonderful!! I can’t wait!

(Sophie) #33

Honey, you should only be eating fat to the point of satiety, not to the point of nausea!

(Ron Sharp) #34

I understand that. I just get nauseous very quickly and don’t feel I am able to eat enough fat to satisfy the diet. I am in ketosis but am not really losing yet.

(Sophie) #35

This really struck a chord with me because it describes my journey perfectly, even down to the amount of weight that I have to go! I also want to say that attitude is huge and it can make or break you. You just have to take it as you go and ride out the waves. Life is too short! Enjoy the ride!

(Sophie) #36

It may be because you are overeating fat. You don’t “satisfy the diet” you listen to what your body is telling you and put on the brakes with you are full. If you eat fat until you are full and no more, then you will lose weight.

@Keigan pecans are one of the best low carb options. I agree that almonds are to be limited

Pecans have 4 grams of carbs and walnuts have 7

https://www.dietdoctor.com/?s=nuts

(Candy Lind) #38

I’m coming up on 8 months and just now really getting adapted. I made a shit-TON of mistakes (calorie restriction, not eating enough fat, etc.); I had HELL getting my water and salt/electrolyte intake balanced until I started drinking @Brenda ‘s keto-aide daily. I still lost weight but I didn’t feel great. I kept with it, and I’m finally making some headway. Some of us are not the “weight loss wonders” that others are. That doesn’t mean that this WOE is not doing us worlds of good in other ways. KCKO!

Wow - thank you. My understanding was way off.

(Renee Slaughter) #40

Thanks for this Candy. To this day I cannot fast long periods of time and this week my brain says eat. I see o may need more time for my body to see and use fat as fuel.