Huuuuungry!

I’m new to all of this and I keep reading and hearing people say they are not hungry and have a hard time eating enough. Are kidding me. I’ve been doing this for a week keeping my carbs below 20grams and I am ready to gnaw my arm off. What’s up?

What are you eating? How much fat, how much protein?

(jilliangordona) #3

Keep eating!!! If your body is hungry, it needs food, especially in the beginning. Eat more fat!

(Allie) #4

Appetite changes when you’re fully adapted, it’s not an instant thing.

95g fat
40g protein
16 g carbs has been my approximate intake

I am tracking everything that goes into my mouth.

Any suggestions?

Double your fat and protein. Take a tablespoon MCT oil daily

(Allie) #7

That’s really not enough food, no wonder you’re hungry. Eat more fat and protein. Obey your hunger, just keep carbs below 20g.

Eat more until you are fat adapted. Then the hunger will subside. Time varies but a few weeks is likely.

Eat more sensible fat choices until you’re satiated. You’re averaging 1079 calories a day. That’s not pleasant or sustainable.

Thank you all. I’ve read and read and read but I’m still not sure about what I’m doing. So glad to have found this site and ask people who are doing it.

(Marie Dantoni) #11

Eat fat when that happens.

Truly, Maybe a little more information to qualify your current state and desires…

Weight, height, activity levels…

Any meds? Diabetic?

What are your objectives?

Are you measuring ketones and glucose?

(Andrew) #13

There’s 5-10% of us with Leptin resistance. Fasting helped me. I fasted only twice so far for 4 days each. I am still figuring out how much to eat. An hour after I eat I now am way over full.

After 3-4 weeks your triglycerides will be lower and that helps LR. You can also give up dairy and night shades apparently. Never tries that however.

Some people say ACV/allalyzing the body helps too.

Eating a ton the first month won’t hurt you. You need at least a month I bet before tour hunger turns.

(Justin Jordan) #14

Are actually hungry or do you want to eat?

(Which sounds a like a smart ass question, but it’s surprisingly easy to mistake the latter for the former)

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #15

Keto is about keeping dietary carbohydrate low enough to avoid an insulin response, keeping protein moderate (this is not a high-protein way of eating), and eating fat to satiety. That means giving your body fat until it signals it has enough. You will stop being hungry, at which point you stop eating. With enough energy to work with, the body increases your resting metabolic rate and burns stored fat in addition to the fat in your diet. It may even burn some fat unnecessarily just to get rid of it.

If you restrict calories, your body shuts down non-essential processes and reduces your resting metabolic rate to compensate. It then makes you hungry so you will eat more.

The moral: get enough fat at each meal that you can go quite a while between meals without feeling hunger pangs. Don’t eat when you’re not hungry; do eat when you are.

(Troy) #16

Pork rinds are your friend😁
Eat up

(Ron Mc Curley) #17

Yes, Pork Krackles are great for a snack

(Dan Dan) #18

If you like youtube I like DR. Berg he explains it in a simple way (for a simple person like me) :smiley:

Here is a good macro calculator :smiley:

You can try a Cheap Breathalyzer I think it would work better for your purpose :thinking:

“May the Force (fat adaption) be with you”

IF/EF Keto WOE is Self-Discovery :wink:

Good luck and much success in your journey in IF/EF Keto WOE :grin:

(Laura Baker) #19

Is there a limit of how much pork rinds you can eat? Like the whole bag? And during fasting?

(Troy) #20

For me. Nope😄
The sky in the limit!!

Disclaimer
Keep in mind
For a bag of pork rinds, Macs for example
80 calories
Lovely fat
And about 8 grams of protein
So, smaller bag , approx. 480g calories and 48g protein

Depends if the above fits within ur macros for any given day
Early stages of Keto WOE and or fat adapted

For IF
Me Being fat adapted
Well, for My OMAD, I have just eaten 2 bags ofpork rinds and butter b4 :heart_eyes: