HOW TO: Swear

(Lucrecia) #21

Extremely fucking interesting. Bring on the expletives people!

When a post is quoted the blur disappears:

(eat more) #23

which makes senseā€¦
since a quote is just a copy and the tags donā€™t show :slight_smile:

(Adam L) #24

i donā€™t get it - looks like a flaw in the system to me. Would be better if the blurring stayed when a post is quoted, it would maintain the intent and respect for others the original poster applied to the post. Iā€™m no technical expert but looking at how slick & smart this forum is Iā€™m surprised it works the way it does. Someone quoted something I said one time & I was a bit shocked to see my blurred swearing had been laid bare for all to see, it kind of defeats the purpose of having such a great feature (blurring). @dudes @Fiorella (first admin name that came to mind) is this something the people that run the system could look at and fix?

(Cindy) #25

Iā€™d love an option where I can donā€™t have to unblur individually. Bring on the swear words! I can handle it. :grinning:

(Jacob Wagner) #26

I wouldnā€™t, Carrots are high in sugar :slight_smile:

ā€“Jacob

(Jacob Wagner) #27

The quoter can re-blur it, but they need to specifically do so.

ā€“Jacob

(Lex (Sydney, NSW)) #28

Bloody hell I had to practice this!! New user today and I donā€™t mind the occasional swear word but I know some people canā€™t fucking stand it and thatā€™s ok tooā€¦

(Lex (Sydney, NSW)) #29

It really does work!

testing

cool. it works. :grin:

Now I can use my regular language again. :grin::grin:

(Kat Klavon) #31

OMG, this is brilliant! This is how to be inclusive. :blush: fucking brilliant!

(Hoby Bradfield) #32

Like this?

Holy spoiler alert! It works!!!

(Sue Heelan) #33

Funny, even if I donā€™t have any clue how to make it work. Fark.

(Sue Heelan) #34

Lol I worked it out!!

(Running from stupidity) #35

Can we turn this off per user for reading? I mean, what difference does it make if I see the word or the blurring that says itā€™s a naughty (in US terms, usually) word? I find it breaks the flow for me as Iā€™m working out what they typedā€¦

So when I tried that I didnā€™t get a cog or gear button to click on. Couldnā€™t we just do F. As in what the F, or I Fā€™ed up or ars instead of u know. Why are we still so worried about offending these people when it doesnā€™t matter what you say they will still be offended. Just tell them to suck it up and quit being a baby. Weā€™re just creating more Sissyā€™s

(Running from stupidity) #37

We arenā€™t. We are just being considerate.

[spoiler](Deletes obvious political comment in light of above claim :-)[/spoiler]