How do you track your macros when you cook all your food?

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #25

Interestingly, Food Data Central, a U.S. government site, says that seal contains 0 g of carbohydrate.

And EatThisMuch.com says the same:

CanadialSealProducts.com doesn’t seem to have an easily-accessed page of nutritional data, beyond talking about how much protein and how little fat seal meat contains.

The notion that the traditional Inuit diet simply had to contain more carbohydrate than we think has been around for a while, now. Likewise the notion that the Inuit have a genetic modification that prevents them from getting into ketosis (because everyone knows that ketoacidosis kills). But I believe these notions are based on speculation and not actual data.

The thing is, as far as I remember, that the carbs are broken down by enzymes within a few hours. So your data is accurate if you don’t eat the meat while it is still warm…

(Rossi Luo) #27

I don’t measure everything, I just limit the carbs intake and I just tried not to eat any carbs like Paul said. By doing this, yes, I would eat some hidden carbs in food, but the amount of carbs will be very low.