Help, If you can.......I need to GAIN weight

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #21

I just watched a fascinating presentation by Dr. Chris Knobbe, whose thesis is that diabetes and obesity may be more the result of too much polyunsaturated fat in our diet, quite apart from the effects of glucose and fructose. He makes a persuasive case, and if he’s right, you might try using a small quantity of seed oil (cottonseed, sunflower, safflower, rapeseed/canola, peanut, etc.) in your food to see if it contributes to weight gain.

Here’s Dr. Knobbe’s presentation. See what you think:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #22

P.S.–I’d seen a lecture by Tucker Carlson on the same topic a couple of years ago, and found it to be more polemical than scientifically rigourous. Dr. Knobbe presents a great deal more in the way of data to support his points, so I am leaning toward being convinced, now.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #23

I took away from Knobbe’s presentation that it’s the O6 % of total daily energy that’s the main issue. He says in a healthy diet that is around 1%. He briefly discusses a few examples of observed ‘natural’ diets that contain about this amount. No matter what else the example diets contained - high fat, low carb, high carb - the outcomes generally were healthy individuals and none of the so-called ‘modern’ illnesses that plague the rest of the world who consume seed oils and O6 in ever greater amounts.

He also condemns modern processed foods as nutritionally barren and loaded with seed oils and high concentrations of O6 fat. So double whammy.

@paparocks I still say just eat more healthy keto foods. I’d not recommend increasing seed oil intake just to gain weight. Seems like a Faustian bargain to me. :wink:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #24

Wanna stop losing weight? Eat. More. Food. :heart::cowboy_hat_face:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #25

Not the same as ZC at all. Try getting rid of all plant foods. You have nothing to lose but diverticulitis. :heart::cowboy_hat_face:

(Bunny) #26

Only way I know to gain weight fast is eating lots of bread! Not sure if that would aggravate your colonic diverticulitis?

Acidophilus Milk prevents diverticulitis/diverticulosis (why I drink it), not sure if it can reverse it though? Once you get diverticulitis that (leaky gut) will eventually lead to arthritis and other auto immune conditions and histamine intolerances.

What I do to prevent a leaky gut besides acidophilus milk is include, soil based probiotics, bone broth, resistant starch and matcha (baby leaves) authentic green tea in my dietary regimen.

Bread is highly insulinogenic.

For example:

Are proteins insulinogenic?

”…The insulinogenic effect of whey protein is partially mediated by a direct effect of amino acids and GIP (gastric inhibitory polypeptide) on β-cells (pancreas insulin langerhan islets). …” …More

image link

image link

What’s causing his gut inflammation issue to begin with is the drywall dust. So many people don’t use PPE(personal protective equipment) like they should and then have these major degenerative health issues.

My younger brother use to be one of these people until I busted his balls to wear proper high quality PPE instead of those flimsy paper masks. He has learned his lesson and now always puts on his mask when he cuts/grings metal and when he needs to cut concrete bricks dry.