Help! I can't get below 50g Carbs

(Brooklyn Hudson) #21

Thank you. I thought so too. This is deli sliced turkey roast, off the bone. It is not a packaged style deli meat, it’s more like fresh turkey. I might just be choosing the wrong selection on my Lose It! app.

(Brooklyn Hudson) #22

PaulL, thank you. I definitely have a very damaged metabolism, adrenal burnout, etc. Mostly I am eating salad, cauliflower and broccoli. It was the broc that came in at 17g (1/5 cups steamed – according to my Lose It! app). I now have learned about net carbs and I am far lower in daily carbs than I thought I was. Whew! I feel much better.

(Brooklyn Hudson) #23

Thank you! Today is day 6 and I think I’m finally figuring it out… little by little.

(Brooklyn Hudson) #26

It will only allow me (as a new user to post one photo per reply. I’m not a breakfast girl (intermittent fasting).

(Brooklyn Hudson) #27

(Brooklyn Hudson) #28

Thank you! So helpful.

(Janelle) #29

Hmm - well first, let me say that the plan I’m on allows for 1 cup of above the ground veggies and two cups of leafy greens per day. You’re definitely eating more than that. I can keep below 20 whole carbs if I stick to the plan. Peaches are are no no. Full of fructose - which is sugar. They are pretty high on the glycemic index. That Daiya cheese? Sounds like some bad stuff if one slice has 4 carbs.

All that said, you’re doing better than I did at first for weight/water loss so maybe keep doing what you’re doing and maybe keep all this in mind if you reach a plateau or start gaining.

(Brooklyn Hudson) #30

Agree about the Daiya (It’s a vegan cheese). This was my first week. I gave away a ton of food, but I’m not rich, so I kept the items that were moderate and workable. The Daiya is now gone and replaced with real cheese. The peach cups are gone now too. So far today, post dinner, I am at 26g net carbs. I’m getting closer to 20. A week ago I was consuming NOTHING BUT CARBS. My aim is to “master” keto this week. I’m pretty sure I’m in ketosis as I have several symptoms. My test strips come on Wednesday. Lost 10 pounds in the first week (water, I know). Curious to see what happens this week.
Than you for all the help, CatGirl. Do you have any idea how I can receive an email when someone responds? I’ve gone into settings and thought I checked everything necessary, but maybe not.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #31

You can double check your email settings under preferences, but we are going through some growing pains as the forum is moved to a new server, so you may not be getting the emails even if your settings are correct. If so please let me know. Be assured Carl and Richard are on it and getting things back how they should be.