Having troubles and can't find my answer through research

(Kim) #21

@PaulL
I use whole foods, and i use coconut and olive oil. I want to get some avocado oil, but will have to wait a bit. It is pricey.

What i eat bpc. greens 2.5 cups, blue cheese dressing or oil and vinegar seldom. 3-4 ounce meats with eat sitting, i add fats to outweigh the protien (potentially not enough here i guess) I use real butter, coconut oil, olive oil, and limit cheese to 2 ounces day. I drink Unsweetened almond milk occasionally, broth, and water.

Typically it is
bpc
beef and broccoli stir fry with other veggies at 1/8 cup each And a salad with a mix of green leaf lettuce, romaine and spinach, with a boiled egg or avocado. X2

I mix it up of course, but that meal right there feels,really easy on my body so i do have that one often.

But i get hungry at work and have a handful of pistachois or walnuts.

(Kim) #22

@ctviggen " either get too hungry during the day or I can’t eat enough in one meal. And, I typically eat late, so I’m going to bed right after eating."

Exactly!!

So yeah. I will just listen to my body. Trying all this other stuff just got too confusing and all messed up. After reading all morning, researching, and discussing with you guys i think its best to go back to what worked best and give it more time.

(Frank) #23

I seem to feel much better with less veggies and more protein. Eating big salads every day was making me feel bloated and gassy. I cut back on those bumped up my protein and boom. Gut feels more comfortable, my weight loss has started up again, and I feel great. Just a thought.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #24

I firmly believe that when we find ourselves in that kind of situation, we are off-track. Your resolve to go back to what worked seems like a great idea to me. There will probably come a time when changing things up will work better for you, but it really doesn’t sound as though this is that time yet. Keep ketoing on, and let us know how you’re doing. From what you posted, you do sound as though you’re on the right track.

(Omar) #25

when I eat and sleep right away I feel all that meal adds to my weight.

(Running from stupidity) #26

Closer to it, anyway. Calorie counting is far less useful than just listening to your body and feeding (good keto food), enough so you’re not hungry between meals.

(Kim) #27

Hello all. I wanted to update you because i said i would. I went back to basics and felt great. No acv and no protien shake. It helped alot. I felt fantastic and i think i even lost some inches. Feels like,it i havent checked yet.

Yesterday, and today, i again tried to narrow my eating window. Yesterday i felt tiredand weak but made it woth only tmad and a snack. Today i made it to noon before i ate. But now my reactive hypoglycemia is kicked in and i feel like falling asleep. Checked blood levels and it is 54. Going to keep from passing out by doing laundry. Lol.

So i guess for some people its ok to eat 3 times a day and keep it there. Thats what works well for me. So im going to stop listening to people say what we should do and just do what works well.

(Running from stupidity) #28

:metal::metal::metal::metal::metal:

(Mike W.) #29

Are you diabetic?

(Kim) #30

Non-diabetic reactive hypoglycemic.

(Daisy) #31

This is the key right here! You have to find what works best for YOU! It doesn’t matter what works for 50/70/90% of the keto population. If it doesn’t work for you, it doesn’t work. Period. I used to eat 6-8 times a day, severe hypoglycemia. Now I usually eat 2-3 times a day. Sometimes omad, and on the crazy rare event, I can fast. But it doesn’t work well for me. 2-3 meals a day work the best for me and I’m ok with that! Better than 8, right?? Lol

(Kim) #32

Its us better than 8 yes, lol. I started out eating like 6 times just to carry through. I feel really good at 3 meals. And can ignore the wanting to have a handful of nuts in between. I just drink water and wait an hour or so. Ive timed it down to about 4- 5 hours before i start getting really hangry. So if thats what i can do i guess thats what i can do. Adding too much food at 1 time to try to stretch things out just increases my glucose and stimulates too much insulin.

Im happy you found what works for you. And thank you all for your support. You are right. Who cares what other people can do right… I will try to focus on what works for me =)