Have I lost my ability to digest veggies?

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #1

I was eating veggies just fine in the beginning (four weeks ago) and this past week I have (sorry) had whole veg BMs. Like my gut isn’t even trying to digest them, just sending them out chewed and mostly whole.

Today I age broccoli with cheese for breakfast and had loose stool within two hours. I always eat broccoli but this week things are off.

Can anyone direct me to search words or info regarding the changes in gut flora on keto diet. I used to eat yogurt daily, haven’t in over a month. Could this change be causing problems?

Thanks!

(Bunny) #2

Gut Health & Keto Diets- Endotoxemia and Bacterial Diversity w/ Tommy Wood, MD PhD

Published on Aug 24, 2017

Oxford and Cambridge-trained physician and researcher Tommy Wood, MD, PhD, stopped by the podcast studio to discuss various aspects of gut health in the context of a low-carb, high-fat diet. As the chief medical officer for Nourish Balance Thrive, Dr. Wood works with many influencers in the ketogenic diet space. He discusses how some individuals can present with poor gut health after going on a strict ketogenic diet and how to improve their gut health while helping them stay low-carb-ish. ➢Connect with Dr. Wood:

Resources:

1. Resistant Starch 101 — Everything You Need to Know
  1. Transcript of “Dr. Grace Liu: Fixing the Gut Microbiome with Resistant Starch and Probiotics - 177”

https://www.enduranceplanet.com/dr-grace-liu-how-to-build-a-warrior-gut-common-and-solvable-gut-issues-in-athletes-and-more/

1. Undigested food in stool: Causes, symptoms, and treatment

(Karen) #3

I had the same problem. Ate a lot of veggies with sausage and cream cheese. Ran through me the next day and serious gut pain. Still on Restore.

K

(Carl Keller) #4

I’m not the biggest fan or advocate of Dr. Berg but I coincidentally watched a video of his this morning. What he suggests to do can’t hurt.

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #5

Thanks for all of the information. I read the transcript and it’s interesting and has given me lots to think about (obsess over?)…jk.

Gut microbes…here I come.