Grocery Budget

(Wendy) #21

I think that’s my biggest savings. More foods that are not processed and not eating fast foods near as often. I bring my lunch probably 98% of the time and at only $5.00 a pop would be $25 a week just in that and we use to eat out on many nights as well so that could be $30 or more for the three of us.
I Do eat steak more often and avocado’s are pricy but I buy so much less junk.

Since we don’t eat out our bill is higher at the grocery store, but we’re not dropping any change at restaurants.

We’ve probably eaten out 3 times since June.

Having an Aldi, Publix, Sam’s Club, and Winn Dixie all close by we can plan our menu for the coming week based on their sales.

Aldi has cheap vegetables, bacon half the price as other places, and 71¢ per dozen eggs. Sam’s usually has $2.99 ground chuck. Publix and Winn Dixie alternate on which has the better sale on other meats.

(hottie turned hag) #23

Yeah with wee kids I can see how that’d happen as it’s far cheaper to buy huge boxes of corn flakes, loaves of bread, jelly etc that most kids eat. With no kids in mix for me my expenditure went down as I stopped buying prepared things, and frozen stuff, but I can see how had I tried keto when I had 4 kids at home it’d have been an increase.

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #24

Yeah. We don’t do cereal or other carby stuff. Lots of meat from the deli counter, cheese sticks, etc.

I’m just horrible at sticking to a grocery budget, I think!

Hoping to do better next month!

(hottie turned hag) #25

Do you have Aldis by you? I find them to be cheapest for the kind of stuff you’d prob buy for kids on keto (cheese sticks, cold cuts are WAY cheap). My daughter with 3 kids so far swears by it for prices.

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #26

I shop at Walmart. I could probably shop at Win-co, or maybe Sam’s club (but our fridge is small). I don’t think there are any Aldi’s near me (never seen one)

(Ashley) #27

Very cheaper, I buy a lot of stuff there!