Food ideas

(Rose) #1

Hi everyone! I just signed up here and love reading these threads. I’m in week 2 of my diet and down 7 lbs. Even went on vacation and stayed on track without feeling deprived. BUT… I feel like I’m eating the same things EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Eggs, bacon, cold cuts, cheese, bunless burgers. Help! Getting a little bored. Also, I don’t have much time to cook… my boys play sports and I’m usually at the field 5 to 7 days a week :weary:

Hi Rose I do a lot of salads and alternate protein between fish, chicken, beef and lamb. In between salad nights I’ll mix it up with various meatballs. I do ground turkey and pork rinds in place of panko and top with franks buffalo sauce. Fathead pizza, kebabs, Zucchini pasta, pulled pork in crockpot then I serve it in butter lettuce like a taco, soup, pork chops with cauliflower mash. All these meals are quick to throw together and I just make extra to bring to lunch the next day.

(Rose) #3

Thank you!!! LOVE the idea of using pork rinds! Never thought of them! Great for snacking on too!

(Khara) #4

When we’re busy I like to grill up a large family pack of chicken legs or thighs. That way the meat is already done and easy to grab and reheat. I love the efficiency of this. My quick veggie to go with is usually broccoli. For individual meal nights (no leftovers) we alternate meat… fish, steak, shrimp, pork loin. For “funner” nights we’ll make taco salads where we prep everyone’s favorite toppings and it’s build your own, just no chips. I’ve seen some Keto chip recipes but have not tried them yet. Same thing goes for pizza. There are several crust recipes to try and then we build our own pizza half as desired. It really can be the same as life was before Keto with fun or celebration foods, you just gotta figure them out over time. And… I still eat bacon and eggs daily. It’s pretty much always my first meal or my only meal if I’m one meal that day.

Check out the Boring Keto thread. Lots of great pictures and many links to the recipes.

(Rose) #5

Thank you!!! Great ideas!