Favorite Keto Quotes

(Consensus is Politics) #3

Well, Ive seen a few signatures at the end of posts with witty sayings and whotnot. The one I liked the best was “Keto Vitae!” Which is in the Latin I beleive, meaning Keto for Life! Which has two meanings depending of the use of the word life. Is it as in being a live, or life giving. Or my favorite, as in never ending, for a lifetime. Of course, I could just be biased.

Good luck eith your project.

Keto Vitae!

(Windmill Tilter) #4

I’m not sure what my favorite saying is, but the funniest response I’ve heard to my water fasting was:

“so…you’re basically a cannibal…”

I suppose the obvious one around here is “keep calm, keto on”, and I don’t know if this is necessarily keto related, but I really like “you can’t out run a bad diet”.

We’ve also had some funny tag lines around here. A couple I can think of, “Bacon, it’s not for sharing” and “Literally carbs take the fun out of life.”

HT: @Screenack, @Ruina, @daddyoh

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #6

I second “Bacon: It’s not for sharing”.

I also like the one people say about how perfection is the enemy of “good”. Something like that.

And I’ll just add my future t-shirt “Ask me about my keto crotch”.

(Windmill Tilter) #7

“Progress not perfection” is a good one. It takes the edge off a little bit after indulging in a few too many peanuts…

Here’s a thread with some more of them.

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #9

Every carb saved is a gift to yourself.
I choose to make decisions which reflect well on my goals.

EDIT: Can’t believe I forgot my main jam!

Five P’s… Preparation prevents piss poor performance :wink:

(Windmill Tilter) #10

“A fat gram saved is a fat gram earned”

That one reminds me to save the bacon grease so I can fry my veggies later…:yum:

(Stickin' with mammoth) #11

Holy crap, I nearly spit out my beverage. Laughing so hard right now.

(less is more, more or less) #12

“Perfect is the enemy of the good.”

One of my top favorites. I always thought the original is from Voltaire, but it goes all the way back to Confucius

Very appropriate for when leaving the SAD.

(Carl Keller) #13

Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.
~Jim Rohn

Don’t blame the butter for what the bread did.
~Unknown

You can’t outrun a bad diet.
~Dr. Aseem Malhotra

Ask me about my keto crotch.
~ @Petamarie

“To me, life without veal stock, pork fat, sausage, organ meat, demi-glace, or even stinky cheese is a life not worth living.” - Anthony Bourdain

Something about Layle Norton rubs me the wrong way, I’ve watched a few of his clips a few days ago, but I loved his quote in the Joe Rogan podcast: “youre not a dog, stop treating yourself with food.” it’s my reply to whenever someone asks me when I’ll have that pizza and cheat on my diet, as if they’re so excited to see us fail on keto and dive back into carbs.

• “Rule #1 of keto – don’t talk about keto.”
  • “Minimal carbs. Adequate protein. Fat to satiety.”
  • “KCKO” (Keep Calm and Keto On)
  • “Eat when hungry. Stop when full. Mostly meat.”
  • On Reddit – “Read the FAQ!” :slight_smile:

(Stickin' with mammoth) #17

Oooo, this is good.

'Specially in Trader Joe’s. The vegans there will swarm.

(Steve) #18

If we run out of meat we’ll eat the vegetarians!

Nope, not a good source of omega 3, too much ALA…unless if they evolve into ruminants :wink:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #20

(Marie Rhodes ) #21

“Make Bacon not War”

Oooh, that’s good! :+1: