Fat hunger and fat bombs

(James storie) #21

Yep, my local aldi is going g through a remodel right now and is shut down for a week or two. I’m having withdrawals!

I’ve recently started cutting squares that are about 1/2 tbsp of Kerrygold Butter and putting them on top of ChocZero 92% because they fit perfectly and 2 squares of dark chocolate with 1 tbsp of butter seems to really be a treat.

In another instance, I think I had an experience of over-satiety.

I took 4 extra large egg yolks, cooked in 2 tbsp Duck Fat and 1 tbsp Kerrygold butter (57g fat, 10g protein, 0g carb), and after a little while that I assumed was the amount of time it took to traverse the esophagus to the stomach and started entering the small intestine, I experienced a nearly overwhelming sense of not wanting to eat anything EVER again; the feeling passed after about 15 minutes, but it was pretty intense and I didn’t eat for the rest of the day. The next closest thing I can remember that was even close to this was eating a “very rich” chocolate cream pie slice when I was about 10 y/o and couldn’t finish it even though I LOVE :heart: chocolate. I didn’t feel sick or nauseous, but the idea of food was repugnant.

(eat more) #23

oh my…i have the choczero 92 on my wish list…this might move it to my cart

(Todd Allen) #24

The pork rinds comment was somewhat in jest. They are carb free but I can still readily overeat them. Most foods I don’t measure but nuts and pork rinds I have to measure a portion into a bowl and put the rest away to avoid blowing my carb and protein budgets.

(Todd Allen) #25

It’s good to have a better understanding of “eat fat to satiety”. Previously I only ate pure fat when fasting and I would have coconut oil in tea. But I never used coconut oil or butter alone to evaluate and satsify real hunger. Instead I’ve been using intermittent fasting and limiting my eating time window to reduce the tendency/opportunity to overeat. I’m glad to have another strategy to tame the binge monster.

(Becky) #26

Yay! I go there for my heavy cream, butter and 85 % chocolate. I am going to look for their sausage. I like their chuck roast and carne asada steak pieces. Thanks!

(James storie) #27

Yeah, my wife like to get the roast, she actually has time for that! I haven’t tried any of the steak yet.

(Becky) #28

I said the name wrong. It’s carne something, lol. It’s a quick dish because it’s almost minced steak. I sautéed it up in bacon fat!. As to the time it takes for the roasts, I “batch” cook most of my meats. So, I’ll put a roast in the oven while doing other things and then portion it out and freeze individual servings, so it actually becomes a yummy ‘fast food’.

(Sarah Herlihy) #30

Butter - I am obsessed. I love eating butter just on its own.

(Kristin Rigby ) #31

I just watched his lecture on YouTube last night where he talked about this! I’d never heard of fat hunger before. I’ve totally had it.

(Kristin Rigby ) #32

Ditto!

(Kristin Rigby ) #33

AMEN! Butter Badges! I love that! :smile: Salted Kerrigold is delicious.