Does eating fat (fatty food) cause the body to burn fats more efficiently?

keto
fat
fasting
metabolism

Again, not all. Hence the very intentional “For me” at the start of my first response in this thread.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #22

If the experience of the women I referred to is not relevant to you, that’s fine.

Yes - It is fine. Thats why I said it.

(mike lisanke) #24

Here’s an example article to show where I’d hoped this question would go…

It may be that high fat diets recruit the correct bacteria need to digest it.

Specific bacteria in the small intestine are crucial for fat absorption: A high-fat diet promotes growth of the microbes that boost lipid digestion and absorption – ScienceDaily https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/04/180411131639.htm#:~:text=A%20member%20of%20Clostridiaceae%20was,are%20commonly%20associated%20with%20leanness.

I find that rag wanting, sorry.

I don’t know why, but eating more fat when on a stall always jump-starts things again. Reducing carbs further, increasing fats. I think it’s the fat to carbs ratio.

As far as hormones go, I am post-menopausal. I don’t notice anything hormonal.

Maybe that played a role though back when I was on Atkins - I did lose then but not reliably and eventually quit, as I was getting sick from something totally unrelated. I was in the beginning stages of menopause then, and I had it in a bad way.

And to the pre-menopausal and menopausal women here - you haven’t lived until you’re done with the hormones. Best thing that ever happened to me.

(Bob M) #27

You can certainly find people (Ted Naiman for one) who believe this is true. Yet you can also find people who need to eat high fat to lose weight (Amber O’Hearn, Siobhan Huggins).

I haven’t been able to figure out why some need lower fat and others higher.