DNA-test Ancestry

(Danielle ) #1

Hi there!

I just got my kids DNA-test results, and are waiting for the adult’s ones.
However, which genes would you say are the most important ones to look at to know how to eat optimally?

I did see that one of my kids is homozygous on the gene that does not metabolise pesticides, aluminium, etcetera. The other one is a slow caffeine metaboliser, and no one is sensitive to dairy.

However, both have the COMT-genes, especially one of them.

I looked at insulin resistance, and it seems like one is very ++ on that and PCOS, whereas the other one did not have any genes related to diabetes, metabolic syndrome, or insulin resistance.

(Bunny) #2

Some being the SF’s, PUFA’s & MUFA ratios!

I have a good understanding of my genes, so far none explain my insatiable pursuet of meats and bourbon and that is just fine.

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #4

Copies of AMY-1. Strongest determinant of your ability to healthily digest carbohydrates.

Apoe variants.

(KCKO, KCFO) #5

Are you using Promethese? While I started with that, I have found the report from foundmyfitness.com, Dr. Rhonda Patrick’s website. It really explains things well and recommends what foods/drugs to avoid and what ones you can handle, as well as the disease risks. I found it $10 well spent.