Did you ‘just know’? 🤔

keto
newbies

(Doug) #21

I was used to eating once or twice a day, already, while still a (tremendous, sometimes relentless) carb-eater.
Couple cups of black coffee in the morning, then a big meal in the evening - that was often the deal.

Scared by a diagnosis of type 2 diabetes, I plunged into ketogenic eating and fasting. At the end of the first week, I fasted for 4.5 days before getting worried about it being Sunday and that I’d have to go to work the next day; “I better eat…” and I did. Needless fear that I might not feel well enough, I later realized.

On the 3rd day of that fast, my feet felt a little cold that night - it actually felt good to get under the covers in bed. On the 4th day, I felt fine and warm again, and that’s when I knew I was doing pretty well at burning fat.

Thank you for that. I find it interesting how different people experience it. :thinking:

ah that’s what I’m talking about …those little pivotal moments :ok_hand:t2: Thank you for that!

(Nicole Silvia) #24

My guess here is that the body isn’t worried about seeking the next source of food. I would imagine that once it’s happy consuming it’s own reserves that anxiety and worries naturally subside because the body itself isn’t in a great state of “need”… the primal state of self preservation isn’t there because the body knows it’s fine and that allows you to feel relaxed and focus on less basic needs.

This is entirely my theory, but it makes sense to me. Dieting and being hungry really stresses me out… physically I feel driven/anxious.

(Roy D Rushing Jr ) #25

In my case it was hard to say for sure. I know I’ve got to be fat adapted because its been 15 weeks or more, but I fasted all day and only ate dinner for years before I even started keto. I can say with certainty that it’s much easier now. My energy levels are steadier all day and even at the end of the day I’m not in a mad dash to get dinner ready so I can eat. I’ve felt this way ever since that keto flu went away though, and I think true fat adaption is supposed be a few weeks after that. Since then I think my energy levels and mental clarity have improved by degrees in a way that makes it hard to put a definite demarcation on it.

That makes so much sense!!! There could definitely be some truth in that :ok_hand:t2:

(Bunny) #27

Ah yes! The ‘reward system’ we all want tasty treats?

Living a LCHF lifestyle can be a lonely place to be, for me it is how I think about the ‘treat’ part; not having the treat is my treat or having the carb addiction; desiring to salivate over and digest highly processed carbohydrates and sugars that is so readily available and abundant that not eating them would be impractical? When I see people pounding down the carbs and sugars e.g. a restraunt, all I see is poison, that’s the depressing part! It is like living in a surreal reality or rendition of the movie THEY LIVE! (1988):

Nada (Roddy Piper), a wanderer without meaning in his life, discovers a pair of sunglasses capable of showing the world the way it truly is. As he walks the streets of Los Angeles, Nada notices that both the media and the government are comprised of subliminal messages (SUGAR IS GOOD, FAT & MEAT IS BAD) meant to keep the population subdued (HIGHLY PROCESSED FOODS), and that most of the social elite (BIG PHARMA-AGRO-CHEM) are skull-faced aliens bent on world domination!

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #28

Oh I laughed so hard. Thanks

Haha brilliant :rofl::clap:t2: It’s so true though…that old ‘reward’ system now feels like a punishment!

@atomicspacebunny My thoughts too. It’s hard to separate the carbs = poison perspective, and avoiding the dessert is what truly makes me happy. That’s sorta why I started the “What did you NOT eat today” thread.

It’s time we stopped looking at the highly processed foods as rewards and recognize them for the prison they really are.