Cut Sugar/reduced Carbs - Huge energy increase then huge decrease

(May the blessing of bacon be always with you) #21

There is evidence to show that the healthiest people are those who get 4-6 g of sodium a day. That translates to 10-15 g/day of sodium chloride (table salt). Also, the kidneys excrete sodium more readily, once insulin has dropped and no longer interferes with sodium excretion. So the symptoms called loosely the keto or Atkins “flu” are actually symptoms of low sodium. Constipation is also a symptom of low sodium.

If you find yourself experiencing any of these symptoms, a bit of extra salt should take care of them. When sodium intake is right, the body can more easily regulate the other minerals (calcium, magnesium, and potassium), since the mechanisms that regulate them are all interlinked.

(Christian Hirose Romeo Graham/廣瀬 グラハム クリスティン 路美男) #22

Great point.

(Robin) #23

Salt water every night stops my leg/foot cramps.

Hmmm… I may try a tiny salt in the evenings… I got back my cramps and I really can’t say I don’t eat enough meat as I eat really much, I probably should lower the amount…
Carnivore stopped my cramps back then (except in low meat times) but now I got it back and it just can’t stay like that. Just a few seconds of almost-pain but still. My body clearly signals a problem so I should solve it.
I may try to add magnesium too but I dislike pills and epsom salt is bitter… So it just won’t happen merely because of the occasional cramp.