Crystal Light and other drink powders?

sweeteners
food

(Cristian Lopez) #1

I need help finding a keto friendly flavored “powder” mix that can be found in native stores?
The problem with drink liquid water enhancers is they are way too pricey,any suggestions on a powder drink mix that does not contain maltodextrin or dextrose please?

(Cristian Lopez) #2

Also aspartame and sucralose dont have any effect on me

(mike) #3

[quote="KidKeto, post:
Also aspartame and sucralose dont have any effect on me

Might want to read this.
[/quotehttps://www.scientificamerican.com/article/artificial-sweeteners-may-change-our-gut-bacteria-in-dangerous-ways/

(Rayanne Mc Cullough) #4

(Candy Lind) #5

What’s wrong with water? Or water infused with some lemon or lime or cucumber or … ? You’ll be better off getting away from sweet drinks, especially if you’re a sugar addict. You could make @Brenda’s Keto-ade and drink it; although not sweet, it’s flavored and will keep your electrolytes in balance to boot. I add a touch of lemon or lime to mine.

(Cristian Lopez) #6

How many carbs is a limes worth in a glass of water?

(Casey) #7

I am obsessed with this thing called TRUE lemon. They have multiple different flavors with no added sweeteners (TRUE Lime for example). I think the nutrition facts state that it has less than one carb per serving. I buy a box of the single serve packs on amazon (500 for a little over $20…lasts me MONTHS). All you really need is one pack in a whole bottle of water. It tastes exactly like lemon water and you don’t have to worry about keeping fresh lemons.

(Candy Lind) #8

Cronometer tells me the juice of one lime is 3.5 carbs - you don’t need that much, though - just a little will do. It’s strong. Also, keto-ade is cheap - the Magnesium drinks are like 99c in the pharmacy section of the grocery store (I get mine at HEB) and one drink makes 32 “servings.” A can of Morton Lite Salt will last forever, 1/4 tsp. at a time.

(Candy Lind) #9

Yes, these are very good, too - but it’s convenience food. A lemon or lime would be cheaper for a broke teenager. :smiling_imp: They have that at HEB, too, if you want to try it.

(Casey) #10

It appears my suggestion may not be much help at all as I missed the part about “find in native stores” so it may not be available to @KidKeto.

I think convenience is needed sometimes. It is hard to keep lemon slices stocked and with you when you are on the go (school, work, travel, etc.). They really help me up my water intake, especially if the water isn’t that great. They also taste really good added to tea.

(Candy Lind) #11

Very true. I love them and keep a few in my pocket or fanny pack.

(Cristian Lopez) #12

Hey I’m not that broke :joy:
It’s just I don’t have room in my houses budget too atttain MCT oil,stevia,grass fed heavy cream,Kerry gold and on top of that just an “ounce of mio” for 4.50 the bottle no mam no sir that’s just ridicoulos!

(Cristian Lopez) #13

Yea I found out about those a few days ago I’m going too buy one today, thinking about making like combination of true lemon,magnesium flavored drinks,and lite salt

(Allie) #14

https://highfive.co.uk/product/hydrate/zero/

I’ve been using these the last few days

(Karen) #15

ACV in water. Didn’t like it at first. Now I miss it when I don’t have it.

K

(roxanna) #16

They sell true lemon in Walmart and all my grocery stores here. Also, I’d think it’s cheaper to use that then buy a whole lemon and not be able to use the whole thing?

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #17

Around where I live, you can get a two-liter bottle of Seltzer for under a dollar. I switched to it after deciding to give up aspartame.

I could have used spring water (I give low-mineral spring water to the rats and the chinchillas, because chlorinated and fluoridated water is not good for them), but I was used to the carbonation of diet soda, and plain water was just too flavorless.

Also, the well water at my last apartment building was loaded with too much calcium, sulphur, and iron to be palatable. And even though the city water where I am now tastes pretty good, I still prefer the taste of carbonated water.

(Victoria Mc Coy) #18

What proportion do you use, Karen?

Wow, so much to learn! I’ve been going through Crystal light and the great value version like nuts!! Sure enough, bet that’s part of my stall. And I had just bought a new flavor I was looking forward too. Also stocked up on sugar free Powerade yesterday, only to realize last night that the one chemical I was unfamiliar with is actually the much debated Ace K.