Coronary Calcium Scan

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #21

So far my doctor is okay with me but I want to stay out of a nursing home and avoid dementia. I have some bad genes as well (crones disease, mental illness, apoE3/4 Alzheimer’s Disease, mothfr). So I have the same wish.

(Bob M) #22

I should say, this is in Connecticut, USA. If you’re in another country, for instance, these can be much pricier. I’ve seen (on Twitter) some really high costs for these in the UK, for instance.

They also are CT (computed tomography) scans, so getting the correct search terminology is tricky.

(back and doublin' down) #23

Back in June,I paid $69 for one in Denver, Colorado. My PCP pretty much demanded I do it for my high cholesterol readings. She had consulted a ketogenic friendly cardiologist in the area who recommended the test to relieve HER worries, not mine. My score was also Zero! One of my happiest NSVs!

(Jennibc) #24

In Austin TX, I paid $75. But I have heard of it higher elsewhere. Google it in your area and see who offers it. I suggested it to my sister who is in Spokane, WA but up there they charge $300 and she decided that $300 was better spent on other things. If I were you, I’d do it even at a high price just to get your DR. off your back.