Coping with a long haul flight

Yes. I do this as well.

(Gabe “No Dogma, Only Science Please!” ) #22

I actually forgot to mention that I almost always fast the day of my flight until I take off, which, when I fly out of JFK, is usually around 6pm. So the first meal on that flight is like 8pm. I’d also add that, even snacking on nuts and quest bars between airplane meals sans the carb component, I still always end up feeling pretty great weight-wise after my first night’s sleep in Sydney. Something about the whole experience is a bit of a system reset for me.

('Jackie P') #23

Hi all! Just to say that I have returned from Australia. Your advice was very helpful. I took macadamia nuts and peperoni sticks on the way out. Picked out the meat on the flight meals and ate the cheese and butter. Also had a glass of wine or two!
My friends who are also keto, ate what they were given and strangely(!) they were really hungry and I was totally not hungry!
We hired a house so did our own catering most of the time but had frequent meals out. A few ‘calculated deviations’ (not really cheats) and we all lost a few lbs! Amazing really as I generally ate more than usual, so maybe I wasnt eating enough before.
I travelled home alone as my friends were staying on. Keto snacks as before and no problems!
Actually 4lbs lost! Thats a first on holiday and I ate really well. Gin and slimline tonics and wine too!
Im a happy girl.
Thanks again for your advice.

(Janelle) #24

Isn’t it great to go on vacation and LOSE weight?

('Jackie P') #25

It really is! I lost 1lb at Christmas too! I often stall and Im wondering if I should eat 2 meals a day instead of 1 - Im going to try it for a while.