Cookie recipe fails

(Katha) #21

The Germans have a great cookie recipe also using hazelnut meal that is super simple called “Haselnussmakronen”. It was my favorite growing up and I will give it a go this weekend to make it Keto. Basically, it’s just egg whites beaten till stiff, sugar (in my case I will try swerve) and hazelnut meal with a whole hazelnut on top for decoration.

(Jane Reed) #22

Katharina, this reminds me of a recipe I have for a flourless hazelnut torte which has essentially the same ingredients as your cookie.

I have never made this recipe, partly because I have never obtained hazelnuts that were fresh. No point in going to the trouble, if the nuts taste even a little off, as they usually do from typical market sources.

(betsy.rome) #23

I once made a hazelnut torte for a friend’s gluten-free birthday cake. I bought Trader Joe’s Oregon Hazelnuts, lightly toasted them in the oven & ground them up in a coffee grinder. They tasted fine.
I’ve also found Hazelnut Flour by Bob’s Red Mill. Again, was ok by me.

(Katha) #24

I will let you know how they turn out, they are literally in the oven as we speak. I have planted Hazelnut trees in the yard, but I think I will still have to wait a few years before I get a good enough crop. The supermarket ones seem to be tasting nice though, even though they cost a fortune!

(Karen Parrott) #25

I stopped baking anything other than meat and veg. Less expensive and no hassles or binge eating or over feeding my family. Win-Win. Best thing anyone ever told me was not to bring my SAD habits with me.