Colleges for Masters

(Meg S) #1

Not sure where to post this. I’m in the very beginning phases of a career change. My daughter is still pretty young. I’m a part time nurse and already burnt out with current health care and can’t see myself staying in the field . You should see the pills, insulin, and sugars I have to hand out😫 Been keto over a year and it’s been life changing For myself and my health values. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone knows of online master programs for keto type research in nutrition/dietetics ? I’m in Arizona and just started looking but wondering in there are more keto friendly programs than others. Would love to turn this into a career.
Thank you!

The Institute for Functional Medicine isn’t a college, they’re more a professional training organization - very prevention oriented and lowcarb/keto oriented, they have an online program:

And there are a number of online nutrition/dietetics coaching certification programs - not graduate degrees, a less clinical route:

Also, Virta Health hires nurses to be health coaches - possibly remote as well as in San Francisco - most of their IR/diabetic clientele is spread around the country:

(Meg S) #3

Thank you for the Info!
I love Virta Health and Dr. Stephen Phinney! I will definitely check these out. So cool just found the careers tabs with your link. Double thank you!
Megan

Double you’re welcome!

(Marianne) #5

I bet; to see that every day would be very sobering. Congratulations on over a year on keto! I am looking forward to that day.

Sorry, I can’t help with this, but just wanted to wish you luck. I think this is an excellent career path and in a burgeoning area that is going to explode soon. I am retired now, but I would have loved to have studied and have been a keto nutritionist.

Good luck! I hope someone can point you in the right direction.