Cholesterol is up

(Joey) #24

I’d argue with this statement.

But that’s pretty much what Twitter is for … so… there’s that… :bird: (Angry Bird?)

(Bob M) #25

I got off when Elon took over. He started making tweets like “Carbs are back!” (or something similar), and they were just there to irk people. And then when he called himself a freedom warrior, but then prevented people who spoke poorly of him from tweeting, I left.

And if there’s someone who shouldn’t be eating carbs – or wheat or whatever is causing his face to be so bloated – it’s Elon Musk.

But at one time, Twitter was great for things like people looking at new studies (like the Erythritol one) and completely destroying them, within days or even hours. And some of the people, like Amber O’Hearn, Dave Feldman, you can’t get their info elsewhere.

(Joey) #26

@ctviggen Understood. I’m more into antisocial media, so it never really spoke to me. :roll_eyes:

Published research in the last 5 years shows that ApoB and Apo A1-c are significantly better. If I had a family history or was concerned about CVD or CAD I would definitely test more often.

(Robin) #28

I have a family history and have decided I am already doing everything I can do… so just carry on and not worry about it. Worry is a waste of precious time when there is nothing I can change.

Very wise, I have this too. Of course it’s not realistic all the time, it comes to some of us easier than others (I am a hedonist so I almost instinctively avoid worrying when it doesn’t help) but it may help to realize this. I have the same with hate, wasting negative energy to someone? I never do that for more than a short time. I can be angry at someone and dislike them very much without the damaging effects of actual hate.

I need this not worrying as I can’t help if it’s about nutrition a lot. But my belief in my health help a lot too (I am the opposite of a hypochonder but not in a very naive way I hope, belief in health while ignoring important warning signs would be very bad! but I am fine, I eat well enough as far as I know so why worry?).

I got carried away a bit, sorry. But I consider it important and I see people who worry too much sometimes.