Can ya have too much fat

(Tom) #1

I’m at 145g for the day my protien is 85g
My carbs are 14g
Had eggs and sausages. And link sausages. For brkfast. Almonds and pork rines for lunch. Went to a friends house for dinner but they having breakfast for dinner so had more eggs and sausages. and used my mct oil plus Olive oil for cooking the eggs

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #2

Are you eating to satiety? If so, you are not likely to be eating too much fat. Are you cramming as much fat as you can down your gullet and ignoring your satiety signals? If so, then you could well be getting too much fat. But since you are only eating about 1800 calories a day, it appears highly unlikely that you are eating past satiety.

(Carnivore for the win) #3

145g is fairly low, at least compared my intake same with the 85g of protein. My fat intake varies a lot throughout the week though. It all depends on my hunger. I eat a lot of food if I am hungry, and none of I am not hungry. I looked back, for a few months, and I eat between 80g and 380g per day, but I probably average around 200g. My weight is pretty steady at a fit 180 lbs.

(mole person) #4

I’m 106 pounds soaking wet and I can eat 180 grams of fat in a day without any ill effects. I’m not trying to lose weight though so your goals matter. At some point “too much fat” will stall out and even reverse weight loss. But that’s going to be a very individual number. For me, I gain fat more easily eating too much protein than too much fat. I just can’t overeat fat that much.

(Bob M) #5

I have had issues eating too much fat. For instance, went to a retreat where the main meals where highly carb-centric. So, for bfast (which I normally do not eat but ate here), I had a ton of sausages. I experienced many ill effects from that.

Also, Jimmy Moore went on a 90% fat diet, and got intense hypoglycemia, even worse than when he went on a high protein diet.

So, it’s possible to eat too much fat. If you’re feeling good, however, then it should be OK.

I’ve wondered the same thing, specifically in regard to losing body fat (I’m over the idea that fat’s inherently ‘unhealthy’). Once one’s body is fat-adapted, does it tap into stored fat if feeding it additional fat?

Yes ya can have too much fat. That is why people start to eat keto.

It might not have been the fat but the carby filler that sausage sometime use that may have been the problem.

(mole person) #10

Your body will always use exogenous fats first. If you give it enough it prevents use of body stores and will even add to them.